[Desktop] Clicking on album art highlights wrong song in sorted playlists

Solved!

Re: [Desktop] Clicking on album art highlights wrong song in sorted playlists

musicpet
Regular

I have an even worse issue of this problem. Clicking on a cover takes me to the wrong song in the playlist no matter how I sort the playlist.

PC desktop, Windows 10

Spotify version 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17

Like others here, I would appreciate if updates did not make Spotify worse.

marcusblock
Regular

I had this problem. But this week updated to 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17 and it seems to be working like it did originally (i.e. as long as you sort in the same order as when you started playing the playlist it finds the correct track - but occasionally off a bit if you have been adding/deleting tracks since starting to play.)

Strange because I have exactly the same version and OS as musicpet who seems to still have the problem. Maybe musicpet you should try what I did - go back to an old version and then reinstall the new one?!

musicpet
Regular

Thank you @marcusblock for trying to help. I tested now and installed an old version and then updated to the new one. In both the old version and after updating to the new version the error persisted.

I did re-sort the songs by date in both orders and no date sorting order (tracks added order) but another song than the one corresponding to the cover is always marked then. 

The program used to mark the correct song before, no matter the sorting.

pnut
Roadie

Currently having this issue on a MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) running Mac OS 10.13.6.  Spotify version is 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17.

Lousan92
Gig Goer

In my case, I've just updated to 1.1.7.13766.gf9dc3904 through Windows Store and it's still happening...

eventheminions
Gig Goer

This is desperately annoying. Apologies for the spam but this needs to be kept on the radar.

1.1.7.13766.gf9dc3904 (Windows Store version) and still no joy.

Lousan92
Gig Goer

1.1.8.439.g8502297d version in macOS and still no solution...

Pep
Regular

I still have this problem!!! Sometimes it seems to be resolved, but it's a mirage. Too many days without solutions, Spoty folks!!

archz2
Roadie

I am also facing the same issue in my desktop version (Windows 10) of spotify.

I have been facing this issue since last 4-5 versions of Spotify but never posted here on forums. Guys...please fix this. 

Totouboros
Casual Listener

In my playlist it seems to skip the order of the songs by the amount of "unavailable" songs backwards (the songs that are dark and you can't play them anymore but they are still in your list) that are in the list BEFORE the played song (counting from top to bottom of the list). 

Meaning: Current playing song order = x 
Amount of unavailable songs before x = y 

When clicking on current played song it will display: x - y = z order of song (from top to bottom). 

Example with pictures: 

Let's play this song here called "Misery'n" in this playlist, I have only 2 unavailable songs in this playlist and put them close together so you see them at once:image.png
Now I click on the album art and as you can see it skips the original songs order -2, as expected since the 2 unavailable songs come before "Misery'n" and marks "All the things you are"
image.png
Now let's play another song, this time after one of the unavailable songs:
image.pngNow when I click on the cover art of "All the things you are" it skips to the original songs order -1 because only one of the unavailable songs comes before this one. 
image.pngNow let's play one song that is after both unavailable songs: 
image.pngNow when I click on the cover art it doesn't skip any order and shows the correct song, because this song comes after both unavailable songs:
image.png

Sorry if anyone already mentioned this, I don't have the time to look through all comments, hope this helps, gotta go again! 

SUGGESTED POSTS