[Desktop] Clicking on album art highlights wrong song in sorted playlists

Solved!

Re: [Desktop] Clicking on album art highlights wrong song in sorted playlists - Status changed to: U

diceycle

Reminder that this is still broken after todays update.

Re: [Desktop] Clicking on album art highlights wrong song in sorted playlists - Status changed to: U

angelx644
Music Fan

Newest version of Spotify removes this feature! Problem Solved: feature deleted. 
Incredible that spotify believes this is acceptable. (Note that heart and hide[new button] are there now, instead of the center, for no reason).

It is currently impossible to quickly go back to the currently playing selection. You must go to the Recently Played tab. Clicking song name or artist name takes you to those pages.

1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f

image.png

ddl_9hw-6vdev
Casual Listener

I'm also running version 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f (on mac) and the feature is still there, yet broken. Clicking the album cover navigates to the current playlist with the wrong song highlighted.

Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 14.22.34.png

Re: [Desktop] Clicking on album art highlights wrong song in sorted playlists

jacobhanson1010
Regular

C'mon spotify... this has been an issue for so long. Dev team needs some serious help to fix simple bugs like this.

Re: [Desktop] Clicking on album art highlights wrong song in sorted playlists

cpp0x
Casual Listener

Someone just marked it as Solved, but of course it is still not solved, at least not in the latest version that can be downloaded.

Ignoring bug for 3 months wasn't ridiculous enough, so now you decided to just claim that bug doesn't exist ;(

loricatuslupus
Regular

Just like everyone else is saying: acknowledgment is not a solution. I mean, I know global warming is an issue but I don't go around telling people I've solved it. I have several playlists that are over 7000 tracks long which I listen to on shuffle, and having to stop whatever I'm doing to manually scroll through them all in order to remove one is really, really irritating. For me the problem seemed to start  around the time that Spotify began (incorrectly and unnecessarily) filing all artists starting with "The" under "T". 

pacmaniacdk
Regular

The problem persists so it is not solved!

I have this problem as of this post and imagine my disappointment when I see the post is marked as "solved", and all I find is a post saying “Ohhh. Thank you for the info. We don't know when we can fix it. Problem marked as solved".

You should mark this as unsolved or open it again. Because it is NOT an acceptable solution that you don't know when it will be fixed.

I use that feature a lot to manage my playlists, so please if it fast.

pacmaniacdk
Regular

@loricatuslupus

Nice point with "The" under "T".

That could create all sorts of problems.

JeffyCotton
Visitor

What's incredibly frustrating is that this feature used to work just fine.

Instead of marking the acknowledgement as a solution, maybe the problem should actually be prioritized and FIXED already.

It's been two months almost since it was officially acknowledged, yet nothing has been done about it, at least not to an extent that's visible for the common user.

Please fix this.

michaelf1986
Casual Listener

Why mark it as "Solved for the sake of visibility"?

Shouldn't you just mark it as a "Known Issue" for the sake of visibility???

SUGGESTED POSTS