Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version. Its been too long.

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version. Its been too long.

It's been YEARS since mobile was gifted with an equalizer, yet the desktop version still lacks this simple feature for BETTER SOUNDING MUSIC. An equalizer changes the way you hear the music, and can help IMMENSLY with cheap/poor headphones to get better quality sound while tranforming songs to your liking entirely. September 17, 2015 a spotify representative stated that it wouldn't be introduced at that time due to other features the team was focusing on. However, after over 3 years of waiting, and with Chrismas coming, please give us desktop users the gift we have been waiting so patiently for.

2 Replies

Hey @ethanoll

I understand your frustration. Equalizer is very useful.

One reason why desktop client has no equalizer included is probably Windows having its own equalizer, depending on what audio driver/device is in use.
Users with Realtek drivers will find their equalizer by clicking speaker icon on Taskbar, clicking on the device symbol next to volume slider and looking for Enhancements in the opened window.

Users with other (customer-grade) soundcards usually have a dedicated sound control panel that came with installing its drivers.

Users that have studio-grade audio interfaces may not have any equalizers. For example I don't, I have a Focusrite device (although there are plugins available that emulate hardware-based compressors or equalizers, that's the case for Focusrite)

Windows 10 users may also not find the equalizer (if they don't have Realtek audio installed). For those users it may be best to use a third-party equalizer app, a selection of better apps is here (Makeuseof article).

Hopefully Spotify decides to include an equalizer, this way it would be ensured it works properly. Feel free to leave your feedback to this idea or create a new one. 🙂

Hope this helps. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I just have to second this thought.  Saw Spotify for the first time today and immediately signed up for Pro.  Very impressive service for a music lover.  UNBELIEVABLE that for Windows users, all the power and force and greatness of the Spotify system has to sound this bad.  EQ is a BASIC music player feature.  I'm just, honestly STUNNED there isn't one here.  It's like putting go-cart tires on a Ferrari.  

Suggested posts