Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] [Following Artists] Following pages, follow function, follows capped at 1000?

[Desktop] [Following Artists] Following pages, follow function, follows capped at 1000?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Finland

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Why do i have different artists at the top when looking at my follows through the profile and at the library artists section.

Also there's an issue where i look at a artist page and the following button says that i'm following "Seurataan" but when i click at the 3 dots i see a text that says: Follow "Seuraa".

Lastly why does my profile say that i follow 1000 artists/people when before the most recent visual update i was way over 1000. Thanks for reading

Spotify following but still not following.PNG
Spotify library artists recently added.PNG
Spotify profile follows at the top.PNG
3 Replies

Hey @Kurjanteri 

Do you follow more than 1,000 artists? 

If so, it looks like you're having the same problem I am having. It's an issue if you follow more than 1,000 artists. The follows are still there in the system (but you have to follow new artists in the desktop app only, mobile app won't save any new follows). When I go to artist pages I am following in the desktop app, the page still shows that I am following it, however it won't appear in my following list on my profile or in the artist tab on my library. The new desktop app makes the situation worse by capping your following count to 1,000 even if you follow more.

I have a thread dedicated to this issue here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Artists-section-of-Library-no-longer-works-after-follo...

This is a known issue that is being looked into.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

For the first question. Yes i do. Cool to know this being or has been looked into and i hope this gets fixed asap.

Yes, it's being looked into for sure.

I have been having this issue for some time now, but I'm hoping this will be fixed.

I will post any updates on this issue in my thread and I will try to circle back around and let everyone know in the individual threads (including this one) when the issue is fixed.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts