Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Left-clicking on currently-playing song cover does not jump to song in "Liked Songs"

[Desktop] Left-clicking on currently-playing song cover does not jump to song in "Liked Songs"

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify client version

1.1.65.643 (according to exe file properties)

My Question or Issue

It was pleasant to have it finally working after the big update, but maybe the client got updated in the last few days which broke this function, again.

It's been broken many times before, what is happening, how come this function becomes broken so often?

Seems to work on albums, "Discover Weekly", but not the "Liked Songs" playlist (which has many, many songs in it).

5 Replies

Hey there @Crocobutt

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying on a different PC to check if the issue happens there as well?

Lastly, it's worth adding Spotify to the list of apps whitelisted by the firewall.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for the reply.

Did the clean reinstall as per instructions. Issue persists.

Tested it on another pc - same issue exists.

It still works if you play a song in any specific album. Jumps straight to it upon clicking the cover while you're browsing elsewhere.

Growing frustrated that it keeps happening without any tweaking on my end (Spotify or OS). Maybe the programming team should set up a test case for this function before they ship an update?

Hey @Crocobutt,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

We've gone ahead and reported this to the teams in charge and they'll look into it. Even though we don't have a timeframe for when this will be fixed, make sure to keep the app updated.

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Quick update: it's working as of last update (at the time of writing this)!

Thank you! I hope it stays. 😄

Hey @Crocobutt,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to hear that things are now working! 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts