Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Solved!

[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Since a few days i lost a few features which i would like to have back.

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Lenovo Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Desktop Version got updated all of a sudden and now i got a completely different look. I don't have the friend activity bar on the right side, i can't change my playlists covers or description. I can't even see my own profile like before on the top right. It is like the phone version because i honestly can't customize anything anymore.

Same on the Web player. I downloaded an older version already, which helps, but it updates itself automatically and gets back to the new(?) design. Is there anyone with the same issues or with a solution?

Thanks.

Spotify.PNG
344 Replies

ok that is some next level**bleep**

what the **bleep** happened to the community manager @Goodman. after the last time where you said you are still reading the feed i asked you a question and - again - you didn't answer. didn' answer any of this.

what the ?

Daily update #1 had no issues with spotify this morning when I started my pc. Been off for about 7 hours now. Started my pc, opened up this (really badly structured) community site and Spotify crashed after 2 min of my pc being on.

Number of reinstalls including this one today that I need to do now: 5

Hope your having a good day at your company just like my spotify app has.

whos even surprised at anything anymore. I hope someone there reads**bleep** and feels really bad while reading this

I can confirm that downloading an older version does work.  I would advise following the directions to disable Spotify from updating to prevent them from screwing you over again.  I've left a negative review on the BBB website and I won't remove it until they fix their issues.  This is not how you treat your customer base.  I shouldn't have to download an older version from somewhere else on the web and then run some obscure commands to disable auto updates to get back functionality that should have never been removed in the first place.....

Latest update. The old version of Spotify was still on my laptop. A day later, the app disappears. I had to type Spotify into the search bar to even find it again. It comes up as the web app and I lost my chance at having the normal app again.

I'm looking for music player alternatives because the app is unusable.

So I had an update yesterday which I instantly installed when I saw there was one. My specific problem, where Spotify would crash every 2 min seems to have disappeared. Well done, after 10 days it was kinda time for it.. 

I've got this version now too, and as everybody else has said, it is unwelcome. At first glance it looks quite nice, but then you realise that it's missing features which have been in the Spotify desktop app for ages. My biggest problem with it is that only a few characters of the names of playlists are displayed - the design means that there's no room for any more. Since my playlists are "Artist - Title" albums, I often can't tell which playlist contains which album. It would be OK if I could resize the sidebar to make it wider, but I can't. Please go back to the old version now.

Hi Elena,
Please inform whoever is in charge that this test was horrendous.

Daily update #2

The update didnt do a thing, still get crashes every 2 min depending on if I get a lucky windows boot, with lucky I mean I have not **bleep**ing clue when spotify will just not work and when it will. All I know is that it works after reinstalling 100% of the times I reinstalled till now. 

Reinstalls: 6

I can't believe this trash has been going on for a month.  I only just got the new *inferior* version of the desktop program about three days ago.  So not only are they screwing with our programs without our consent, but they KEEP doing it and not fixing this monstrosity of an update even after an entire MONTH of people saying**bleep** this new version is.

Imma bout to get Super Saiyan Karen and ask to see the CEO.  I want to OPT OUT of this little experiment.  And next time maybe ASK users to test a new version instead of shoving it down our throats.

Please fix this stupid thing. We do not appreciate the update for Spotify because it messes up the core elements (viewing streaming numbers, changing playlist covers, playlist names, description, number of followers for the artist, etc.)

Please, anyone unhappy with the new Desktop version, VOTE HERE:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Allow-an-optional-switch-between-desktop-and-web...

It's important to have a big amount of votes.

They won’t implement it anyway. They’ll roll out the new update globally and then they have development goals for a few years to re-implement  the features what they removed with this update. 

Okay so I just opened my spotify app on my Mac after a couple of days. I have my Friend option back! yessss. But i still cant change pictures of playlists etc....

Uh... does anyone know how to select multiple tracks in playlists, so I can move them around? Holding shift or control doesn't work, clicking and dragging doesn't work. Did they seriously remove such a basic feature? What were they thinking with this update exactly?

what bothers me the most? all albums are no longer displayed. for audiobooks with a large range (for example over 100), only a small number is displayed. they are still there, but can only be found by searching and are no longer listed. and of course all the points that you have described, I do not know where to start. the worst deterioration i have ever seen. I am kidding.

Late daily update #3

Will you ever be able to satisfy your customers? Might be time to call it and give this company and every single woking spot in it to different people. You guys are clearly too incompetent to understand that your customers listening experience is the most important, in other wordsy you guys understand less about what humans need than the **bleep**s I take care of at work, might actually be time to call it with life and let yourself be taken care off.

Reinstalls: 7 but im not even listening to music anymore cuz**bleep** is so annoying and by the time I reinstall spotify, I'm turning my pc off again. God you guys are so cringe, how can THIS whats happening even be a thing. If**bleep** doesn't work in 1 month ill tell everyone I know to stop using this trash

Hey @realcaze go away this is not the thread for your issues.

If Spotify is crashing that means your PC has an issue, not a problem with Spotify.

I'm using Spotify on my phone and Linux desktop every day and it hasn't crashed in a long time.

This thread is about a stupid update they are doing merging the web version with the desktop version which removes quite a few important features like playlist sorting which many of us use frequently.

I really hope I don't get it.

insert: how do i delete a comment in this feed?

Suggested posts