[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Highlighted

Re: My desktop version sometimes transforms into the web version and it's incredibly annoying.

Roadie
yeah it's honestly really pathetic if this is supposed to be a new update.
also weird how it just affects very few people and we can't do anything about it and they don't even tell you anything about why it changed.
'it is to test new updates'. kinda sick of this now. this has been for about a month like this now and there is no information about it. good way to treat customers who pay for your service.
Highlighted

Re: My desktop version sometimes transforms into the web version and it's incredibly annoying.

Composer

They probably have less staff rn to deal with this

Highlighted

Casual Listener
just to push this again.. same here. tried to install different versions, automatically turned back to the normal windows version for some time, now it's back to the web player version...
Highlighted

Reorder playlist on the newest update

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After the last update a few weeks ago, I've been unable to rearrange the sorting order of my playlists. On the previous versions there was an option to reorder the list after recently added, by title etc, but now there is no option what so ever to do this. 

Is this done deliberately, or is this something that will reappear in the future? If not, this is a dealbreaker.

Highlighted

Re: [Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Music Fan

Hi so I've made an idea page that @  suggested to do. Don't know if it would work but if everyone could like it so that would get more notice, that would be appreciated.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Other-Revert-the-Webplayer-downgrade-back-...

Highlighted

Re: Reorder playlist on the newest update

Hey there@SimenAlm!

Welcome to the Community, we'll be happy to help you out further.

Can you send us a screenshot of what the app looks like now from your end?

We'll also need to know your Spotify version and if you experience the same behavior after a clean reinstall of the app.

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

friend feed is missing and I am unable to follow people, see my followes and change playlist covers

Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Macbook air

Operating System

Apple macbook air

My Question or Issue

The other day I restarted my laptop and opened Spotify and the layout had completely changed. I can no longer see my friend activity on the sidebar, I can no longer follow people, when I search for my friends I can no longer see who they follow or their followers and I cant even change my playlist covers. I really need some help! ive tried re starting my laptop,  re installing the app logging in and logging out but nothing is working and I cant seem to get my old Spotify layout back! when I click in the top right corner to go to my account it just takes me directly to the Spotify website so I cant even view my profile. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.29.12 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.32.18 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.32.51 pm.png
Highlighted

Re: [Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Roadie

@selbossi thanks a lot for this!

hope this helps because the moderators seem to not care about this in this thread i made.

Highlighted

Re: Reorder playlist on the newest update

Casual Listener

As you can see i have no options to reorder the playlist. If i click on the three dots under the play button all my options are start radio, make secret, delete, copy playlist link. 

Uten 541.png
Highlighted

Re: friend feed is missing and I am unable to follow people, see my followes and change playlist cov

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hello @Tess_schuurmans

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Please, take a look at this Live Idea
If that's something you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates. 

Have a great day! 

Emilia_8Rock Star 8
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS