[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Highlighted

Re: [Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Casual Listener

This new change also removes the ability to add and manage Local Files. I cannot play any of the music on my PC; it's all greyed out. I can't add, remove, move, copy, play, nothing. I can still play them on my Phone at least but I can't sync the music anymore. And no, I cannot turn Local Files on/off in Settings because that option no longer exists.

This is ridiculous that the app just changes, features are removed but I'll still be charged for features I no longer have.

Highlighted

Re: Friend Activity & Changing Playlist Covers Unavailable

Casual Listener

Ok so I have found a solution that has at least worked for me. I should say this exact plan probably only works on PC, but I have found this solution to be satisfactory.

Step 1: Uninstall the updated version of Spotify (if you haven't already) and install an older version. I installed Version 1.0.85.259. Here's a link that can get that for you: <snip - Moderator Edit> 

Step 2: Edit the program to not automatically update when the app opens. This may sound complicated but here's a helpful YouTube video with step by step instructions listed in the description. If you follow everything correctly it should only take 5 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAy6EsKrwQg

Step 3: If you followed the YouTube instructions properly you should have a new shortcut that you will only be using to start up Spotify on your desktop. So lastly you have to prevent Spotify from opening in any other way. You're going to want to open the app up and go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Startup and Window Behavior, and then make sure you switch off Spotify opening from online and when you start your computer.

If you do all of this you should have an older version of Spotify with all the missing features on your Desktop that won't be updated so long as you use the new icon to open it. Obviously this isn't ideal but this is way better than what we currently got. I hope this works for y'all/is helpful.

Highlighted

Roadie

yeah i've also tried to dwonload spotify this way but for me there's too much malware and other **bleep** coming from those 3rd party downloads. tried it but restored my pc afterwards beacuase i got a program which i couldn't deinstall because it was running in the background all the time. tried closing it in the trask manager - wasn't possible. So i restored my pc.

Highlighted

Roadie

But it would be great to hear something from the people in charge. i mean it's been a while since the update now. In my opinion there's no excuse for them to not have given us any further information by now. There's now way a test run is going on for two months - not with this much feedback about how bad it is just in this feed alone.

Highlighted

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Please don't download Spotify versions from these sites. The likelihood of them being riddled with malware is rather high and sometimes restoring the PC might not even be enough to get rid of them.

If you must, use these Spotify installers that sit in your Downloads (from the day you installed Spotify). That is, unless you clean the Downloads folder regularly...

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Roadie

my pcs survived several minecraft mod packs back in the days. i'm used to those things.

but as i said, downloading spotify from a third party is no option for me. i'll just wait it out... sadly that's the only option

Highlighted

Casual Listener

i do clean downloads regularly, don't have place on a laptop to keep old versions of Spotify around

Highlighted

Roadie

So i just installed spotify after restoring my pc - was a very good idea because it is way smoother than before in general haha - an now i got a new version. see image.

just a little (negative) feedback again:

-i still can't edit my playlists

-i don't see my nor other people's follower

-i just see my playlists on my profile - no recent artists etc. ..

-i don't see any stats on an artists page

image.png
Highlighted

Regular

I just noticed that you also dont get an overlay view for song radios which sucks because I used to use that alot

Highlighted

Roadie

ok nvmd  the friend tab is gone again. i didn't even close the app...

are you doing this on purpose? i mean this is some next level failing.

and why do we have to be testers? i understand that there are errors while programming, i programmed myself, but c'mon this is live on users...

SUGGESTED POSTS