[Desktop] Mini player

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: [Desktop] Mini player

wyldgrrl
Casual Listener

Once the mini-player opens, it will be in your taskbar with the icon of your browser. If you create a desktop shortcut, you can give it a different icon so that it will always be easy to get to. Enjoy.

Highlighted

nielrio
Gig Goer

For mac, i don't now how exactly, as i am only using windows, but i think you can create a shortcut in chrome, and check the 'open as window' box

Highlighted

jholdensen

It works exactly the same way on Mac as on Windows. I have been looking for this for years, so thank you guys for sharing! 

More tools -> Create Shortcut [Tick 'Open in window'] 

The client looks the same and works the same as in the guides posted in this thread. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.25.12 AM.png
Highlighted

gildoneto
Very good. Thanks a lot.
Highlighted

planetneutral

The best part about the web app is that the top bar actually shows the artist and song info, which is not part of the desktop player. You can then resize the app down to just the bar, making it effectively a status bar, which I leave sitting just under my browser window. 

planetneutral_0-1575719552206.png

You could combine with the mini-banner to get tools to make a more complete mini-player, if you're into that kind of thing. I mostly just want song info at the ready.

Highlighted

McNeilDK
Casual Listener

This is amazing! Can you please add a feature like this to the desktop app? You know... Chrome and system resources...

Highlighted

Hey @McNeilDK,

Thanks for reaching out.

Do you mean that you'd like to see a mini player feature for the native desktop app?

If so, then there's an idea for that already in the Idea Exchange which you can add your vote to here.

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can do 🙂

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

LittleJohn1986
Visitor
Hello there. Thanks for the solution. But in my "mini player" there is only one buttom play/pause. Am I doing something wrong. Is there another setting to configure or this feature was change and you can no longer skip track with it?
Highlighted

hgranero
Thank you. If I am paying for an app, I demand a mini player. Can't believe Spotify is so obtuse on this matter. I can understand on the free version with the advertising but if I pay I want it my way!!
Highlighted

kgkicker
Visitor

This was working for me yesterday using the Win+R and typing the command. However, now that I've tried to do the chrome shortcut and the batch file, and even going back to using the Win+R command, the player that comes up is missing the button. Is anyone else seeing this? I don't know why this isn't just a function of their desktop player...

SUGGESTED POSTS