Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Music] Typing "hue" rewinds the current song

[Desktop][Music] Typing "hue" rewinds the current song

Look, i'm mexican, and most of the time we text "a huevo" but this is annoying me cus everytime i type "hue" (maybe too fast on windows 10) spotify ALWAYS rewind my darn current song, please somebody tell me how to skip this thing cus is making me crazy (more) ;_;

4 Replies

Hey @AsvidB

That's an interesting issue you're having!

I didn't manage to reproduce it on my Windows 10 using the Windows Store Spotify.
I tried typing 'hue' into Spotify's search and also Filter, then into Notepad and finally on desktop (triggering Windows notification sounds). No rewinding here.

I'd recommend reinstalling your Spotify client. It could be a little corruption in Spotify files that causes this. 🙂

Do this (clean reinstall):

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.

4. Install Spotify.

Note: if you run a Windows Store installation, chances are there is nothing in Appdata. Try resetting the app's data as described here (the Windows Club), and reinstall following the steps in this article.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there, thank you for your response, but it didnt work, i made what you said, but not working... could you try to type it the fastest way you can, cus that only happens when i type it too fast like in 1 sec or so.

😕

@AsvidB

I did try typing as fast as possible, still nothing.

So, does it happen when you try typing it anywhere (browser, documents, Spotify's search, Windows search), or are there specific places where it happens?

Has it always been happening?

You could try disabling hardware acceleration too - go to Spotify, click on menu dots upper-left - View - Hardware Acceleration.
Spotify will restart.

Let me know 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply, @Sebasty.

Yes it happens anywhere, doesnt matter the windows/app im using.

I've tried the acceleration thing and still not working 😧 😞 do you thing that something about the windows control or something could be? and how can i solve it?

Suggested posts