Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Bring Back Alt + Arrow keys back to Spotify desktop app

[Desktop][Other] Bring Back Alt + Arrow keys back to Spotify desktop app

There used to be the feature where I could use the Alt + arrow key to move forward and backwards in Spotify but the new update removed. I usually am very happy with Spotify and the service you provide but I urge you to add this simple trick back. 

Thanks Guys!!!

3 Replies

Oh yeah, this regression change was completely mental. I was also using all ALT/SHIFT or CTRL + arrows navigation/playback controls. 

Luckily though, the Spotify desktop app still responds to "Backward navigation" and "Forward navigation" actions.

So, if you are an audiophile like me and controlling music is far more important than other controls, I suggest you to change the touchpad/keyboard/mouse mapping as a workaround in the meantime.

You can also use Auto Hot Key app which will allow you to remap any input key/button combination to the "Backward" and "Forward" navigation actions.

nimareq_0-1619006872729.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Using Alt + Arrow keys to navigate back and forth in the app should work with new design. Let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, perfect, it works like a charm! Thank you

Suggested posts