Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Show time remaining in the currently playing track by clicking or tapping

Solved!

[Desktop][Other] Show time remaining in the currently playing track by clicking or tapping

On the Now Playing screen or the bottom of the desktop app, on the left you see how far into a song you are, then a song progress bar, then the total time for the track being played.

In the past, you could click or tap on that right-hand number (which now only tells you song total time) and you could toggle it to tell you how much time is REMAINING in the current song being played. BRING THIS BACK!

Issue is with version 1.1.51.382.g8e3b11ed-a 

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 2.14.45 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Instructions would be nice to know also, how to [something]. Track remaining.. press Track Total Time with mouse. Somebody could poke only the time passed (on the left) and nothing happens.

In Version 1.1.59.714.g7e040462-a, this works. Track time passed on the left - track time remaining / total track time on the right.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @nolaurious ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

This feature should still be available to you with the new desktop app.  If it doesn't work as expected, it's a good idea to clean reinstall Spotify on the device where this occurs. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If you expect me to go through all these steps and open Library and Terminal, I may as well just revert back to the old version before the terrible degraded update.

Marked as solution

Instructions would be nice to know also, how to [something]. Track remaining.. press Track Total Time with mouse. Somebody could poke only the time passed (on the left) and nothing happens.

In Version 1.1.59.714.g7e040462-a, this works. Track time passed on the left - track time remaining / total track time on the right.

A regular app update (not a "clean reinstall") solved this problem. Now running 1.1.60.668.gff09d345-a 

Not working for me -- the indicator right of the progress bar shows time remaining/available for the present track.  I'd like to see these for the present album (or playlist).

Running Spotify for macOS (Intel) version 1.2.29.605.g66a43ceb

This doesn't work for me, indicator for progress bar shows time remaining/spent for present track but not album (or playlist).

Running Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.2.29.605.g66a43ceb.

(Posting for the THIRD TIME your process for joining to post here is awful.)

Hey @chernevik,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

You can check how much time is remaining on the track you're currently listening to, however, it's not possible to see the remaining time for the playlist or album the track's in. Spotify constantly works on improving the overall user experience and its app features. The easiest way to achieve this is by doing regular updates. 

If you think other users might also like it, we encourage you to go ahead and create an idea about showing the remaining time on the Ideas board. This way, users can check and vote for your idea too. You can also have a look at this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea.

We hope this clear things up. Cheers!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts