Premium

Country

Taiwan 

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Over the past month or so, I have repeatedly tried to disable the desktop overlay that pops up in the top-left corner of my screen when I change songs. Even though in Spotify preferences the option is disabled, it still keeps popping up randomly.

Each time I must go back into Spotify preferences, enable the overlay and disable it again, then it would return to normal and stay disabled. But after a few days it would all of the sudden start to pop up again, even though the option in preferences stays disabled.

I am not sure whether it happens after a software update or not, as I haven't been paying attention to it, but this is extremely annoying.

I've also noticed the tray icon disappearing once or twice. I have my Spotify client close to a tray icon, but every now or then it would close without a tray icon nor a taskbar window, but it would keep functioning and my media keys can still be used to change songs. I would have to launch the program from my Start Screen again to pop up the Spotify client, manually exit the program, and relaunch it again to get the tray icon working.

I'm a relatively new Spotify user, and I would really hope that this can be resolved quickly. As someone working on the desktop PC, sometimes using the PC 10-14 hours a day, with the PC (and Spotify) staying on for weeks at a time, this happens too frequently to ignore.

Lately members of my family have started to ask me why do I suddenly swear out aloud (I never used to do this) so please resolve this bug before I couldn't hold it anymore and smash my keyboard the next time it happens in the middle of my work while trying to meet a deadline for which I'm falling behind because I procrastinate too much (which often involves listening to songs on Spotify) and ending up making my family afraid of me and getting a divorce and becoming a drunk and losing my job and finally couldn't take it anymore and jump off a building somewhere...you get the idea.

Fix this. Pretty please? Or someone give me a hint on what else is needed to make sure the overlay is disabled? Am I having Spotify running for too long at a time and the program just isn't stable enough for this? Is it because I didn't get the Family Plan so Spotify tries to make life difficult for me?

43 Replies

When did this update come out? I'm not seeing it

For me just about an hour ago

I also don't see it.

@LorenXK: Did Spotify acknowledge this bug? I don't see a response in any of the threads. I have no idea how to install that workaround and also rather not hide the default Windows 10 volume bar.

Suggested posts