[Desktop][Playlists] Bring back 'date added' in playlists

Solved!

[Desktop][Playlists] Bring back 'date added' in playlists

Jahnneke
Regular

For the desktop application, when viewing your own playlists you created, you used to be able to see the date the song was added to the playlist.  I used to use this feature, as I like seeing when I discovered a new song or in what period of my life I started listening to the song.  Now, I can no longer see the date the song was added with the most recent updates.  Obviously, I know the song at the top of the playlist is the oldest, but that doesn't tell me if it has been on that playlist for a day or a year. Shortly, I am unable to see on what date a song was added.  I would like that feature back.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

Ivan

Hey @Jahnneke

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

Could you confirm if it makes a difference when setting your screen to different screen resolution? Give it a try and let us know the outcome.  

It'd also be great if you can check how it goes when a different Spotify account gets logged in on your device to see if this could be an account-related issue. You can ask a friend or family member to log in to their own Spotify account on your device, or simply create a test account for this purpose. 

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp

View solution in original post

Solution!

jellippy
Casual Listener
Hii what I did that worked as a solution for desktop is go to the three dots at the top left, click view, and then zoom out from there - this kept all the writing normal sized and brought the column back for me ^^

21 Replies

KristianNN
Visitor

If you press the three dots "..." in the top left corner, then press "view" and "zoom out", the column shows up again, everything gets smaller, but it is not smaller then before the update. It seems like the update made it so the default was a little zoomed in.

zaynabseedat
Casual Listener

Thanks, that worked! On a Mac, you click view at the top of your screen and click zoom out from there (command and - ) 

Shahius
Music Fan

Edited: my bad, latest update fixed the problem.

jellippy
Casual Listener

I feel like about a month ago I still had the date added feature, but I just opened the desktop application because I wanted to see when I added a song and that entire column isn't there. Honestly, this just makes me realise how much I liked that feature, since it's one of the old features that was actually so nice to have. I hope they bring it back, the fact that it's gone actually sucks 😞 

CarlosE

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We can confirm that the Date Added column is still there in the new desktop client. If you don't see it, you just need to enlarge the app window until it shows up.

Hope this helps. The Community is here for you in case you need anything else 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Jahnneke
Regular
I currently have the desktop app on full screen and cannot see the date
added. So what else can I do to see the date added column?

Jeremy

Hi there @Jahnneke,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Jahnneke
Regular

I did a clean reinstall and it still does not show. As you can see below, I have opened the desktop app in fullscreen, even made the activity bar as small as possible, and I am still unable to look at the date the songs were added. 

Schermopname (119).png

Solution!

Ivan

Hey @Jahnneke

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

Could you confirm if it makes a difference when setting your screen to different screen resolution? Give it a try and let us know the outcome.  

It'd also be great if you can check how it goes when a different Spotify account gets logged in on your device to see if this could be an account-related issue. You can ask a friend or family member to log in to their own Spotify account on your device, or simply create a test account for this purpose. 

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

IvanModerator
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp

zaynabseedat
Casual Listener
Like @Jahnneke I shifted the screen resolution and the column shows up again. However everything is now smaller, which is very bad for the eyes and considering most of us are spending our full days on screen now.

This needs to be sorted. For now I will go with the default screen resolution and go without the column, in the interests of protecting my eyesight!

Jahnneke
Regular

That did fix the problem, thanks. Unfortunately all the text/images on my laptop are smaller, so also in different windows. It would be nice if with the next spotify update the date added bar was still accesible even when using the Windows 10 recommended screen resolution (150%). 

Solution!

jellippy
Casual Listener
Hii what I did that worked as a solution for desktop is go to the three dots at the top left, click view, and then zoom out from there - this kept all the writing normal sized and brought the column back for me ^^

Jeremy

Hi there @jellippy,

Thank you for your reply.

It's really nice of you to share what worked for you for other users 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great continued Thursday.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Novy

Hey @zaynabseedat

Thanks for your message. 

We're glad to hear that the solution worked for you.

The Community will be here if anything else comes up. 

Have a good one ✌️

NovyModerator

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Simm
Casual Listener

I hope this was just a beta test as I can still see it, but I want to take the chance to stress that I also need that column. 

Marenlk94
Casual Listener

For the record, I would really like to see the date added as well. I have one big playlist (going back to 2012)  where I add songs and some of them are so tied specific times in my life. So if I wonder when I went to a festival for example, I could check when I added a song to my playlist. I loved that. It was like having a chronological soundtrack to my life. I hope they bring it back. 

And that they add the option to sort by date both by most recent to first added and vice versa. 

Jahnneke
Regular
Huh I thought I was able to do that yesterday but apparently not, Im sorry
for the confusion.

Marenlk94
Casual Listener

How do you do that? Like I said, I can only get it in order first added to last added but I want to reverse it so that the most recent songs are on top

Jahnneke
Regular
I believe I am able to *sort* on when a song was added, I just cant see the
exact dates I added the songs 😕

Marenlk94
Casual Listener

I want to be able to sort my playlist by date added, and having the most recent ones on top.  You can change the sorting alphabetcically from A-Z to Z-A by clicking the title but since the "date added" coloumn is gone, I can't change the order. I get the first ones added on top and I have to scroll all the way down to listen to the most recently added songs. 

SUGGESTED POSTS