Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Clicking on Album Art in a playlist does not work correctly after resorting

[Desktop][Playlists] Clicking on Album Art in a playlist does not work correctly after resorting

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Surface Book 2

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

This issue is caused by starting to play from a playlist (either shuffled or in order), then sorting the playlist in a different order or by a different column. Play order continues like before the sorting, but an incorrect song will be selected when the Album Art in the bottom left is clicked.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start playback on a playlist with multiple songs. (e.g. start playing the first song, with shuffle off, and sorted by date added)
  2. Resort the playlist. (e.g. switch the sort order to Title, or change the date added sort from ascending to descending order)
  3. Click the album art in the bottom left corner

Expected Result: The currently playing song will be selected in the playlist view, and the window will scroll to that song.

Actual Result: The row that the currently playing song used to be on will be selected and scrolled. In the example given, the first row will be selected, even though it is no longer the correct song.

I have not tested this thoroughly, but the selected row also seems to not update after a song is deleted from the playlist, which it would have to in order to select the correct row.

I originally posted this issue in Ideas and it was closed. Hopefully this is the correct location to post bug reports.

7 Replies

Same problem here. Thought it was only me. And it's really annoying.

Same problem for me! I was thinking to open the same issue when I found yours. Thanks! 😃

They are not "working on it" at all. I have contacted their support numerous times and spent hours troubleshooting. The only minor success I've seen is deleting the saved files for my downloaded playlists. I had to go through my account somewhere to do it. But it worked for literally 10 seconds before it broke once again. After an hour of troubleshooting the support rep told me that I should post it as a suggested feature. Apparently she thought that I would just forget the last hour and pretend that it's not a bug, it's just not an implemented feature.

Same issue strarted happening to me.
No solution from our part can be done, it has to be database issue, because i tried clean install and it's happening still.
It started after i dragged n' dropped 400 songs into Liked songs playlist.
It does work for some songs, not for older ones.
To describe it - it has saved wrong index on Spotify server.
"Solution" would be to remove and readd every song you have there.
And it could break again.

Hey @spenat28

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

This is being investigated by the team in charge, but we're unable to provide an exact time frame for a fix. 

In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here.

Have a good one. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Novy i noticed. 2 years without fix? That's not good enough for me. We are paying customers, and this is bug in pretty basic functionality i never saw bug like that in any other player. This makes me reconsider after years if i want to continue using Spotify.
- Apple music doesn't have this problem
- if it had, people would be furious
- this has to get more attention and fast

Suggested posts