Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] [Podcast] Queue Always in Alphabetical Order Despite Being Sorted in Other Orders

[Desktop] [Podcast] Queue Always in Alphabetical Order Despite Being Sorted in Other Orders

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Lenovo Thinkpad

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've been listening to podcasts and recently the Queue has always been sorted alphabetically despite my usual sort/filter for Oldest to Newest (so I can listen to them in order), and there's no way of fixing it unless I uninstall and reinstall the app. It will work correctly when it's first installed, and the display will show the four coloumns (Title, progress, date uploaded, and length) and the queue will match the sorting order, but after a while it reverts back to the old (or new?) display, where there's only one sorting drop down button (see attached) with the alphabetical queue (see attached also). 

is there a way to fix this or keep the display with the 4 coloumns?

Screenshot (13).png
Screenshot (12).png
4 Replies

Hi there @User1010,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Just to clarify, the display shown in the screenshot is how the episodes are supposed to look like in the podcast profile itself. If you'd prefer having the 4-column display, you can add the episodes to a playlist and play them from there instead of the podcast profile.

Regarding the Queue being in alphabetical order despite you having a different sorting, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cached/corrupted files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, I've been facing the same issue lately and even after following your instructions to a T my podcast episodes are still showing up in alphabetical order.

Hi @yachnasaxena24,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Spotify is currently aware of an Ongoing Issue causing podcast episodes to always appear in alphabetical order in the queue (regardless of how you sort them), when using the desktop app.  

I recommend adding your +VOTE to the Ongoing Issue, as well as posting a comment there with the following info (which will be passed to the internal teams at Spotify, who will look further into this issue):

• The version of your operating system
  • The version of your Spotify app
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far

It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to the Ongoing Issue by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you!

Suggested posts