Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] How do I change playback speed on podcasts?

[Desktop][Podcasts] How do I change playback speed on podcasts?

How do I change playback speed on podcasts?

Using a Toshiba PC laptop.

thank you

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

You can find the playback speed toggle on podcast in the bottom section of the app, in the now playing bar. If you're having difficulties finding it, we recommend having a look in this detailed guide on our support site.

Hope this helps. The Community is here for you if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Appreciate the reply.I am using spotify on my laptop on your website.I do not have a spotify app.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Currently there is no option to change the speed of a podcast while using the web player. This option is available on the desktop and mobile app.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

You can also check this idea about an option to change the podcast speed when using the web player and add your +Vote. You can also Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

For those using Chrome, search for Spotify Playback Speed in the Chrome webstore. The extension recommended in a previous comment seems to no longer work. Boggles the mind that this is not a standard feature in the web player. I would never use Spotify for podcasts if this extension were not around.

is this going to be added for desktop users at any point? really prefer not to listen to things at normal speed.

Suggested posts