Premium

Country

USA

Device

HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

I'm assuming this is a result of the recent UI update for the Desktop app, but appears that the played/unplayed filter on Podcasts has disappeared.

10 Replies

Having this same issue on Mac OS. I can filter by all other usual categories -- and even mark episodes as played/unplayed -- but no option to filter by that criteria anymore. Hoping we get a workaround soon, scrolling through several years of podcast episodes to find the one I'm on has been a bummer.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We hear you. We’re always looking for new ways to improve our users' experience, and we will continue to innovate the product experience.

You can also head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience and share your feedback in the thread. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Have we found a solution for this yet.

Hey @Matty242,

Thanks for the post. 

In the current Desktop release of the app it's not possible to sort the episodes by played/unplayed. Episodes you've watched will appear with a little green check-mark next to the title. Episodes which you've streamed will appear with a progress bar.

You can still Sort by Unplayed on the mobile app.

This is why @Novy has suggested to leave your feedback in the thread mentioned above. It's being closely monitored by the devs, so that they can improve the Desktop experience with features the users want.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Yeah, this doesn't help us at all. I'm paying for premium, and I don't enjoy having features taken away from me without warning or a price reduction. The ability to sort podcasts by played/unplayed is pretty much why I pay for Spotify in the first place. Otherwise I'd just use the podcast app that came with my phone.

spotify does not care desktop app. going to cancel premium subscription soon. 

This exactly all of this entire thread. I genuinely want to know which employees idea it was to remove the filter for unplayed/played and add a filter for longest/shortest? Who is playing podcast episodes by based on episode length?! Having to scroll through over a hundred episodes is insanely irritating and that's not even mentioning the fact even then it may not play in the intended order.

Please bring back the old ways to sort podcast episodes, and at the very least the "Unplayed" feature. Having to scroll through hundreds of episodes on the desktop app is just a huge pain.

Also, who sorts by "Longest to shortest" (or the other way around)?

Hi folks,

Thanks for the feedback. 

We understand your concerns with the current sorting options. If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I created an "Idea" to bring back the "unplayed" sorting for podcasts, head over there and give it a like.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Podcasts-Bring-back-the-quot-unplayed-quot...

Suggested posts