Premium

Country

USA

Device

(HP Pavilion 2020)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

When I start a Playlist, it plays one song and then reverts to the Queue, which has been (astoundingly) filled with a single artist whom I've only listened to once.

The Clear Queue button is gone, there is no way to access the option. So I keep having to go back to my playlist to get to the next song on it. 

I tried adding the playlist to the Queue, but then the Queue repopulates with random stuff I didn't add to it.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY MADDENING!!  Spotify should play the Playlisit I've chosen and not continually interrupt it. I've uninstalled the app, gone to the Microsoft Store and re-installed, but it hasn't fixed the issue. 

I've been a Spotify user for over 8 years now and am highly technically inclined. Both of my brothers are programmers and nothing I've done in settings or reinstalling has corrected this. As a last resort, I've disabled "Autoplay". Currently hoping that at least stops the Queue from interrupting everything I'm listening to.

Ridiculous - highly considering just getting rid of Premium and subscribing to Amazon Music.

1 Reply

Hi @JohnGielgud,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

What you describe is a very odd behavior and we'll do our best to help you sort it out. 

We understand you already reinstalled the app, this time please do it one more time following these exact steps. They are very thorough and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If it doesn't do the trick, please share with us a video showing how the issue happens. This way we can take a better look at it and assist you better. Also let us know the Spotify version you're running. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts