Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where is an option to sort playlist track by Date added?

Solved!

Where is an option to sort playlist track by Date added?

I lost an option to sort by date added in my shared playlist.
There are options: Title, Artist, Album or podcast, Added by, Duration, Custom order.
Date added doesn't appear even if I expand the window, reset app, relog, etc.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

We've checked with our teams and we can confirm that this should now be fixed!

Xenia_0-1711700741297.png

Make sure that you're running the latest app version to get the newly released fixes. You can see how to update the app here.

If no updates appear, you can try a clean reinstall instead, which ensures that you're running the latest version.

Cheers 🙂

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey there, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If by shared playlist you are referring to a collaborative playlist then you can sort the items by date added using filters. Look for the Custom order option near the search icon on the playlist:

Amayy_0-1708509626537.png

Then you can select the Date added option to sort the items accordingly. If you cannot see this option please share a screenshot with your response.

Amayy_1-1708509662991.png

Keep me posted.

AmayySpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

 maybe it is a bug or AB tests

Screenshot 2024-02-21 111310.png

Ok i fixed it by myself.

Steps:

1. Remove everyone from collaborators

2. Remove everyone from playlist

3. Date added will appear as a column and in the sort menu

4. Sort as you wish

5. Invite all once again

Of course all songs will be still assigned to the person who added it to the list, so everything is working fine.

Thanks for the response @Marurban!

Glad that you shared what worked for you. I'm sure this will help others if they come across similar issues.

Let me know if you need help with anything else. Happy Listening! 😊🎵

AmayySpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same problem here after reinstalling Spotify.
I cannot contact the creator of the playlist like suggested above. Are there any other fixes I could try, or could Spotify fix this bug?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(Desktop PC)

Operating System

(Windows 11)

Following a reinstallation of the Spotify Desktop Client, the "date added" sorting column disappeared. Even after expanding the custom order options on the right, the sorting option remains missing. This issue appears to be specific to shared playlists.

In a related post addressing the same problem, a suggestion was made to remove all users from the playlist and then re-add them. However, since the account that originally created this playlist is no longer accessible and I am in many shared playlists, this solution is not useful in this case. Are there any alternative fixes available, or are there plans to fix this bug?

Actions taken to resolve the issue:

• Reinstalling Spotify (attempted both versions: Microsoft Store and download from Spotify Website).
  • Resizing the window.
  • Readding the playlist to my library

Screenshot 2024-02-22 161240.jpg

Hey folks,

Note that each column in Playlist view has its own size, with Title being the largest one. So, you have a podcast episode in the collaborative playlist, the Album column expands to Album or podcast, which takes additional space and thus some of the columns may be hidden, as the app cannot fit everything on the screen. This can also occur when the Now Playing View, Friend Activity or Your Library are expanded, so try resizing the app / collapsing some of the windows to see if that does the trick.

Now Playing View is toggled off.Now Playing View is toggled off.

Now Playing View is toggled on. The "Date added" column disappears.Now Playing View is toggled on. The "Date added" column disappears.

The playlist contains podcast episodes, thus "Date added" column is hidden.The playlist contains podcast episodes, thus "Date added" column is hidden.

In the meantime, we've reported this to our tech folks who'll have a closer look. Rest assured we'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any updates.

Take care.

YordanModerator

Resizing or hiding the "Now Playing View" doesn't resolve the issue. Additionally, even when clicking the three bars to set a "custom order," the option remains missing, indicating that it's unrelated to column size.

Regarding the included podcasts in the playlist, prior to reinstalling Spotify, I was still able to sort by date added despite the presence of podcast episodes. Furthermore, other users in this playlist do not experience the same problem. I am still able to sort this playlist on my mobile device tho (Android).

It seems that this behavior is not in line with the intended functionality, and reinstalling the latest version may have triggered this bug. Other posts from users reporting the same issue confirm this suspicion.

When we add a song to the playlist, it shows when we added it. This is not useful. The dates do not appear when we add podcasts like before. Thank you for your interest. I hope you will respond as soon as possible (sorry if my English is bad.). 

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

We've checked with our teams and we can confirm that this should now be fixed!

Xenia_0-1711700741297.png

Make sure that you're running the latest app version to get the newly released fixes. You can see how to update the app here.

If no updates appear, you can try a clean reinstall instead, which ensures that you're running the latest version.

Cheers 🙂

MariaModerator

Suggested posts