Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Spotify is becoming worse and worse every update.

[Desktop] Spotify is becoming worse and worse every update.

Plan

Free

Country

Egypt

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify, a company that's designed for music, has become worse and worse every **bleep** year. first off starting with the error code 17 where it can't be fixed, uninstalled the program reinstalling it, nothing works,
Second, on discord, You must pay to listen with your **bleep** friends, this is not acceptable, AS OF, there are free softwares who offer you to listen with your friends for free.

spotify.png
3 Replies

Hey @Naxeo

Sorry to hear about your trouble!

On Discord, to be able to listen to music together with friends (as described in Discord's article) users need to have Spotify Premium. It's most likely due to API limits (ads playing back would make it bad). Sorry about that!

About the error message - I'd suggest following this:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

didn't work this cannot be fixed whatsoever im done **bleep**

Hey @Naxeo

I'm sorry to hear it's still not working for you!

I'd suggest reinstalling Spotify in Safe Mode.  Use this offline installer and follow this guide. (the other uninstaller in that article installs an old version of Spotify).

Another method that has helped users is using CCleaner (or some other software like IObit or Revo Uninstaller) to uninstall Spotify and run a registry cleaner.

Hope this helps! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts