Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Popout player

I have seen this idea posted several times over the years and they are all marked closed. I personally find it really frustrating that people have clearly been asking for this and over and over been denied, especially because it seems like a rather simple feature. Anyway, on the web player on Chromebook, there is an excellent popout player that remains on top of other tabs and windows you open, has the album/song art and has simple controls like pause, play, skip, and rewind that show when you hover over it. You can also move it around your screen so you position it where is easiest for you. It's crazy to me that this feature hasn't been implemented already for the desktop application, or if it has then the fact that it's been removed. It's super annoying to have to stop what I'm in the middle of to open the Spotify window just to see what is playing, or to skip or save a song. Something with just the basics of these features would make a huge difference and make usability so much easier.

Updated on 2024-03-21

Hi everyone,

We're happy to let you all know that this feature has now been Implemented 😎 You can find all the details on the topic in this announcement post. You're welcome to post your thoughts and feedback there as well.

Cheers!

Comments
eriknjoo

Hi!

Where exactly is this implemented on windows 10? I really want to have this feature but I can't find it anywhere in Preferances.

Its already on windows 10. Are you using last version of Spotify and Windows 10 ?

eriknjoo

I think so. I know about the feature where if you press the media controller FN keys a banner appears telling you what's playing atm but I can't find one that appears when a new song starts playing.

There is no feature like that but i made a program for this.

i was commented it here but

if you cant find

Link: http://s4.dosya.tc/server3/izppza/Spotify_Mini.exe.html

If you wanna start the app on windows started, move the app at this location %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

if u dont trust to program here the source code: http://s2.dosya.tc/server4/5vmzpf/spotifymini-master.rar.html

LukeNazir

Was the feature revoked recently, after implementation?

I'd like short desktop notifications when each new track starts, and have read conflicting threads about its availability.

I'm definitely on the latest version of Spotify for WIndows 10 (reinstalled it just to be sure), and my preferences doesn't have the option to turn it off/on:Spotify Desktop Notifications.jpg

Chellebelly1

There used to be a mini player viewer for desktops.  Has that gone away?  If not how do I find it?

Hubo

Hey @Chellebelly1! Welcome to the community!

There is no mini player available on desktop right now. You can support this idea, by voting for it and leaving your comments.

Take care! 🙂

eugenelet

Any update on this? I can't find the setting for this as well.

Inflyte

As someone who spends 10 hours a day listening via desktop this would be most welcome - perhaps even a keyboard shortcut to reveal what's currently playing 

whamer99

Would be great if this popped up on the starting of the next track! 😉