Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Desktop] Spotify resets position in Windows 11 if the window sits flush with the edges

[Desktop] Spotify resets position in Windows 11 if the window sits flush with the edges

Notice the red on the left and bottom in the first picture (hard to see the red at the bottom because of the way this site cropped it):

Gamefreak_2-1626019432397.png

Now notice the lack of red on the left and bottom of the second picture:

Gamefreak_3-1626019456348.png

Anytime I close Spotify and reopen it after positioning the Window like in picture two (having the window at the edge of the monitor), it reopens in the middle of my main monitor's screen. This is an issue specifically with Spotify and Windows 11, as I don't have the same problem with Discord and didn't have the issue in Windows 10. I just thought I would let you guys know early before this OS becomes widely adopted.

As an aside, the top right corner isn't rounded like the others, which you can see in the pictures.

2 Replies

Hey there @Gamefreak,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

As Windows 11 is still very new, our app isn't fully optimized for it and some unexpected behavior could occur. 

We really appreciate you taking the time to flag this with us and we'll make sure to pass this on to the right folks so that it can be looked into when we focus on optimizations for Windows 11. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

Take care 🙂

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Typical post comment, but "I'm having this issue too"

Upgraded to W11 a few days ago, and now having to change the size of the window every time I start my PC up. The default size is like 80% of my 1920 x 1080 monitor, which I find huge

Suggested posts