Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop Toolbar no longer lets me hover over Spotify icon and change track or pause music

Desktop Toolbar no longer lets me hover over Spotify icon and change track or pause music

On my PC, the desktop toolbar always shows open applications on the bottom of the screen.  When listening Spotify at work, I used to be able to hover my mouse over the Spotify icon in my toolbar rail across the bottom of the screen, and a mini image of the whole spotify screen would show just above the icon (just like a browser would show you mini images/previews of each open window).There used to be a forward track arrow, a pause icon and  a previous track arrow that you could simply click without haveing to open the whole window.

For some reason, it no longer lets me hover over Spotify icon to display this window and change track or pause music.  The music control icons on the preview window aren't there anymore.  Was this an update or is there some setting I can't find anymore?

Thanks.

2 Replies

You probably have the new version 1.0.1

1.0.1 will be getting more updates that bring back more of the functionality that the old version had. There will also be improvements.

So hopefully it will be coming back in a later update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm on a Mac, and I used to be able to hover over the spotify icon to see track information. Now I get no info. I have to bring up the spotify window to do anything.

WHY?!

Plus the activity feed is still showing 1 song by everyone, then it goes dead as if the user is no longer listening. 

I'm on instant messenger with my girlftirend all day. I get to see one song she listens to each day- the first one she listens to. Then the feed goes dead. for example, if I were to believe my activity feed this morning, she listened to the fault in our stars for ~23 minutes (it's a 3 min song), then has been inactive for the last 25 minutes. strange, bc she claims she has been lsitening this whole time. 

not so strange - they broke a perfectly good feature. 

I find it very strange and unnacceptable that every 3-4 months I have to hit these forums to complain about features I love being broken or taken away.

Spotify, you have a good product. Constantly tinkering with it is a BAD IDEA. Stop **bleep**ing up. It's the saem stupid problems over and over- "I love my activity feed! Oh wait, they tried to "enhance" it and now it's broken. This sucks. Complain."

Rinse, repeat.

Get your **bleep** together, Spotify!

Suggested posts