Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] When listening to music from an artists page, the app auto scrolls to the top of the page.

[Desktop] When listening to music from an artists page, the app auto scrolls to the top of the page.

I am multi-tasking with Spotify in the background.  I like to listen to full albums/discographies so I will often start with the oldest album and move sequentially to newer albums.

Once the window is minimized for a short time, or in the background, or a few ads play, the application will refresh to the top of the artists page.  For example, I am currently listening to Rush albums from oldest to newest.  Once an album is done, I must manually move to a newer album (as Spotify sorts newest to oldest, so I am going backwards), but because Spotify has auto-scrolled to the top of the Artist page I must scroll through 15 albums before I can get back to my previous position.

When on an Artists page, your position should be remembered when the application is minimized, or in the background.  It's obnoxious to scroll down through MANY albums to get back to my listening position.

1 Reply

Hey @doubleak3224 ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here if you haven't already. You can also follow the steps provided under Status Update.    

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts