Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Windows Desktop taskbar buttons

Solved!

[Desktop] Windows Desktop taskbar buttons

The desktop app doesn't support the media mouseover buttons like windows media player has. The windows API for adding taskbar mouseover controls is trivially simple. I would really apprecate the ability to mouse over the taskbar icon and see the album cover, current track name, duration, current position and most imporantly, Play/Pause next and previous buttons.

It would GREATLY increase the friendlyness and useablilty of spotify desktop on windows 7/8/10

Thank you.

Here is an example of what I am talking about, what windows media player on windows 7 does.

Capture.PNG

ignore the album it was something promotional preinstalled to windows media player.

mouse over the taskbar, you get a play/pause.

We need this. For a $10 a month I just need a button!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!
That's kinda weird, since it should actually show up those buttons.
At least on Win 8 and Win 10 they pop up for me when I hover over the task icon. Win 7 should work too.
hover.png

Could you post a screenshot of what shows when you hover over the Spotify icon?
Also what OS are you using and which Spotify version are you running?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!
That's kinda weird, since it should actually show up those buttons.
At least on Win 8 and Win 10 they pop up for me when I hover over the task icon. Win 7 should work too.
hover.png

Could you post a screenshot of what shows when you hover over the Spotify icon?
Also what OS are you using and which Spotify version are you running?

I can confirm that, It does work on windows 8, but It doesn't work on windows 7 fror some reason. I still have a 2 machines.

Could you tell us which Spotify version you're on and post a screenshot of how it looks when you hover over the icon?
I can then escalate it to the staff to check the issue. 😉

Version: 1.0.10.107.gd0dfca3a

capture2.png

I'm on Windows 7 with 1.0.10.107 as well, and I can see the player buttons and artist/track info in the Spotify thumbnail preview on the taskbar:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmouhlkwk96f0ec/lastfm_nowplaying%26spotifythumbnailpreview.jpg

Since that doesn't seem to be a general problem, have you tried a clean reinstallation to see if that fixes the issue?
Also version 1.0.11 is slowly rolled out as we speak, so maybe it will correct itself after that.

What's new in 1.0.11? Just got it

I assume you are using double monitor setup.

This works only on your primary monitor, which doesn't have taskbar emulated.

adeam

Not the double monitor setup is the reason.
I also have two displays by showing the taskbar on both.
The solution to became the control-icons is, don't run Spotyfiy Player as Administrator, just run Spotify as "simple user".

Greetings, Peter

This solved my problem, i disabled the "run as administrator" option in properties and restarted spotify

I have a solution, that works just perfectly. Try by clicking right mouse button in settings "run in compatibility mode and choose windows 7" You wellcome 🙂

Suggested posts