Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Your Library] Desktop Custom save location memory/remembered for device

[Desktop][Your Library] Desktop Custom save location memory/remembered for device

Having the desktop app remember the change to the song save location on my desktop pc upon reauthentication, because when I had the app ask me to log in again it did not. This is a problem for me and others who maybe out there who have a smaller drive (for me an SSD) which I run my system on but I don't have much space so I have set it to save songs to my hard drive.
having to reset it when ever I have to re-log/authenticate is one more thing to remember to do, having the app remember that I have set it to store my songs in a desired location will make it more user friendly.

As far as I could find there has not been other suggestions/reports on this.

1 Reply

Hey @N473D,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We've moved your post to the Help Boards, where it will get more visibility.

We tried reproducing this on our end, but the Offline Storage Location is always remembered, even when switching between multiple accounts.

So this issue might be related to your app. Do you mind running a clean reinstall? You can follow this Spotify Guide to clear out all Spotify app data and possibly corrupted cache, which could be causing this issue.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts