Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop and Android skipping songs and returning to old queue unexpectedly

Desktop and Android skipping songs and returning to old queue unexpectedly

Hey, having trouble with my spotify randomly skipping and jumping back to previous playlist.

Issue: few weeks ago I clicked a playlist. It was awful, featuring "Saucy Beats" if you want to wreck your eardrums. The problem is that my spotify keeps randomly jumping from whatever is playing back to this! It then fills the queue with that ear-poison, regardless of what was previously occupying the queue or if it was empty. This happens randomly, always in the middle of a song, approximately every ten to twenty minutes.

Issue occurs on: phone and desktop (Android Nexus 6p and Windows 10, both apps updated).

I have tried:
- Deleting cache and downloaded data for spotify on phone and on desktop
- Reinstalling both app/program from fresh with latest version
- Clearing queue many many times. It repopulates when the issue happens.
- 'Disconnecting' all devices on the spotify website.

I have further noticed:
- My phone sometimes says "device: chrome browser" as another listening point. But I don't use the browser, I use the desktop app. Not sure if that is just a browser shell or what.
- Sometimes since this began it also randomly skips to the next song in a queue after playing 30s-1min. Not sure if related.

Thank you if you can help me. This is infuriating lol.

Oh: Premium family plan.
This issue does not occur for my wife. And it always skips back to that excuse-for-sound of Saucy Beats. I'd think I had someone on my computer trolling me if it didn't happen on both devices and so consistently.
12 Replies

I have the exact same problem. My Spotify account keeps skipping to this Saucy Beats trash with the same 30sec - 1min intervals and also show the Spotify Web Player in devices although I don't use Spotify with a browser. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I've talked to technical support and they say someone is on it. No
results yet a week later. I'll probably cancel my subscription to be
honest. Maybe that will work.

I contacted the support and received and answer approx 10 minutes later. Never before have I had an answer from customer service this quickly. I seems my account was hijacked by a third party.

Same issue. So guessing this “band” hack d Spotify to try to promote their lame repetitive keyboard rehearsal “album??!”

I don't think it's the band. I think they just make eight bit sounding
tracks for indie games or whatever. But it's still happening. I've deleted
all cache and apps and uninstalled everything. I've contacted support and
they said they were working on it but no answer now for weeks. I've reached
the conclusion that Spotify cannot be used on both Android and Windows 10
platforms without these problems.

For those in the future who find this - a solution was not found. My
solution is to cancel my premium membership and use another service, which
is a shame.

Same issue here on iOS. I reset my password and turned on two factor auth for Facebook even and it’s still happening. 

Same here on Android app. Started happening yesterday. 

Solution!!

Support suggested I log in and “sign out of all devices” - and never again have I been ambushed by the insidious “Saucy Beats”
Go to https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/ and click Sign Out Everywhere. (Then sign back in to use Spotify again)

Good luck! Let me know if this works for you.

I was having this problast week so I did the “sight out everywhere” and changed my password. Fixed it for about a week but it started happening again this morning. Deeply infuriating because I sleep with music at night and this crappy saucy beat music keeps waking me up.

Comforting to know I’m not the only one with the issue though. Hopefully Spotify support will realize this is a huge problem.

Its the exact same for me, the skipping and everything

Happening for me too. So frustrating! But a relief to know it’s not just me. Thought some creeper was trolling me too. 

SPOTIFY, PLEASE ADDRESS THIS. 

I experienced that problem too, web player on macbook/ubuntu laptop, iphone app on the latest ios.

I see loads of threads having this issue and it should really be addressed asap.

What I noticed:

- Just clear all browser cache and problem remained. Then I disabled bluetooth on my laptop (not connected to any device) and it's working now again - no skipping after 20-50seconds.

- On iOS it also seems to work fine when no bluetooth is active (I mostly hear over my samsung soundbar). I haven't tried restarting bluetooth but it seems to be related.

Those reinstall instructions are not helpful for this issue. Seems to be more of a code problem. Try to disable bluetooth. If problem persists try to remove/logout active devices on your accounts page. If it was the bluetooth settings try reactivating it and check if it's gone.

Suggested posts