Desktop app Doesn't see my phone

Plan

Premium

Device

(Pixel 6, PC)

Operating System

(Windows 10, Android 12)

My Question or Issue

One day I wanted to switch the track in desktop app from the phone and find out that phone doesn't see the desktop app and desktop app doesn't see my phone through Spotify connect. Interesting thing: the desktop app can see my TV and the phone can too. Furthermore, discord on PC stopped display what i am listening to in desktop app (I've tried unlink and link it again).

Phone and PC connected to same Wi-fi network.

Playback doesn't sync between these devices, I can listen to 2 different tracks at same time

What I've tried

Clean reinstall on both devices

Reboot devices

Reboot router

Disable firewall and anti virus

Connect Phone to PC over USB

Log out and Log in everywhere I can

Run desktop app as admin

Apps updated as well.

Upd. I can connect to TV and control it from the phone. But when i selecting TV in desktop app it doesn't work. Account selection on TV shows up and then nothing has happened.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @alexvor20,

We appreciate your last reply.

In this case, could you uninstall the app once more, then restart the computer in Windows Safe Mode? To enter Safe Mode, type "msconfig" into your computer's Search bar > hit enter on System Configuration > select the ‘Boot’ tab > select 'Safe Boot (with networking)'. 

Then, open the Start menu, input %AppData% in the search bar and press Enter. The folder C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming should open (default). 

Delete the Spotify folder in there. 

Afterwards, switch to \AppData\Local and then "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Spotify" in order to delete the Spotify folders from there too (if you find them). 

Lastly, reinstall Spotify and restart your computer from this link

We'll keep the music down until we hear back from you.

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

View solution in original post

14 Replies

After doing some research I found something. 

Spotify connect works fine if Version is 1.1.77.643.g3c4c6fc6 or older.

Highlighted Versions are not working for some reason 

alexvor20_0-1650746891943.png

alexvor20_3-1650747351798.png

alexvor20_4-1650747444088.png

Hi there @alexvor20,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. We're here to help.

Can you remove any possible corrupt cache files that might be causing this by following the steps that's provided in this article?

Let us know how it goes.

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

In the main post I said that I've already tried to do this. I checked all the possible folders related to Spotify. Yesterday I tried this with the new version 1.1.84. Still the same problem

Hey @alexvor20,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Could you share with us the exact Spotify version you have installed on your computer and on your phone? Also, did you notice if the inconvenience is present when you use the web player? 

On another note, It'd be wonderful if you could share with us a video of what's happening.  We'd like a screen recording in which we could see both, the web player and the desktop app, showing the available devices in the Connect picker for each while using your phone. This would help us to have more information about what are you experiencing.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Until then!

CarlosEModerator

Hello again @alexvor20,

Thanks for your reply.

Don't forget to share with us the exact Spotify version you have installed on your computer and on your phone.  Also, just to confirm, did you check if the inconvenience is present when you use the web player?

On another note, we can't see the video recordings. Please attach the videos on your next reply on mp4 format, or you can also make those links public. This way we'll be able to watch them.

We'll keep an eye on your response!

CarlosEModerator

Sorry. I fix those links. In the recordings you'll be able to see the versions. Also the problem not related to the web player
Marked as solution

Hey @alexvor20,

We appreciate your last reply.

In this case, could you uninstall the app once more, then restart the computer in Windows Safe Mode? To enter Safe Mode, type "msconfig" into your computer's Search bar > hit enter on System Configuration > select the ‘Boot’ tab > select 'Safe Boot (with networking)'. 

Then, open the Start menu, input %AppData% in the search bar and press Enter. The folder C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming should open (default). 

Delete the Spotify folder in there. 

Afterwards, switch to \AppData\Local and then "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Spotify" in order to delete the Spotify folders from there too (if you find them). 

Lastly, reinstall Spotify and restart your computer from this link

We'll keep the music down until we hear back from you.

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I don't really understand how but it's working now. Even not in safe mode. May be because in parallel I am trying to deal with microsoft store issue. Or just safe mode helped.
Anyway thanks a lot for your help.

Hey there @alexvor20,

Thanks for the post.

Glad to hear things are back to normal 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if the issue returns or you need help with anything else.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

**bleep** thank you so much, I was so frustrated that I can't sync my phone and PC thus my last fm account won't count my scrobbles on the desktop app. It works fine now 🙂

That only works for me if the Windows Safe Mode is constantly on, which kinda screws my computer because my resolution is non-changeable.

Holy cow that's a cumbersome proces, to fix something that should frankly just work. Isn't there an easier solution, that does not require you to be a part-time PC supporter? 

Hello,

I have the same issue, but the solution did not work for me. 

I am still only able to see my phone in tge Web Player but not on the actual Desktop app.

Suggested posts