Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

Spotify desktop app is randomly muting itself a few times a day, often without me even being at my desk with my hands on any device, phone included. I'm unclear what the fix was in the previous thread I saw on this which was closed. The app is closed on my phone, my PC is restarted daily, and that "Do nothing" option has been selected under the Communications tab in Sound settings on Windows. Pretty frustrating! I'm open to any assistance, thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bangoo65,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

We appreciate the time you're taking following the troubleshooting processes. We'll be on the lookout for your next response to see how it goes or if you have any additional questions. 

Keep us posted.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @bangoo65,

Thanks for reaching out to us. This does sound like quite the odd behavior. 

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be causing issues.

It's worth downloading the app from the Microsoft Store instead of our web site or vice versa to see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't do it for you, could you let us your Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on the web player?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next.

ElenaModerator

Spotify has been forced stop on my phone, the only other device I use Spotify on. I logged out and back on after restarting my PC and clearing my cache. It muted itself again just a moment ago when I was literally across the room. 😞

I'll try the web player. In the meantime, my version is Spotify for Windows
1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

Hey @bangoo65,

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use these steps for a clean reinstall? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If the issue persists, would you mind confirming if the version downloaded from the Microsoft store makes any difference?

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

I've done a clean reinstall as instructed, using the MS store for the fresh install. I'll keep you apprised if the issue persists.

Marked as solution

Hey @bangoo65,

We appreciate the time you're taking following the troubleshooting processes. We'll be on the lookout for your next response to see how it goes or if you have any additional questions. 

Keep us posted.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts