Spotify desktop app not filling screen / small gap on Windows 11

Solved!

Spotify desktop app not filling screen / small gap on Windows 11

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

When I maximize Spotify there's a thin gap left over at the bottom which is slightly annoying. You can see it just slightly above the Windows taskbar.

Spotify_kTHJwzLMKq.png

Top Answer
Yordan

Hey folks,

Just wanted to inform you that this has been reported to our tech folks. While we're unable to provide any timeline for a fix at this point, it is something we're aware of and will be kept on our radar.

It will most likely be addressed at a later date with a general optimization patch.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Woohoo 🎉

Finally this issue seems to have been fixed in version 1.2.4.893

Only took since 2018 to get it properly fixed. Now let's just hope this fix is permanent this time around.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I can't believe this is finally happened. 
Just got Spotify () for Windows 1.2.4.912.g949d5fd0 and it's fixed 🎉

View solution in original post

89 Replies

When you maximize the Spotify app window, there is some gap between the bottom of the window and the taskbar. The background content is clearly visible through that little gap. This doesn't happen with any other app I'm using on Windows 11. The reference image is attached.

spotify_ToQH0AI2T0.png

Hi @Abhishek2609,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app, following this guide. This will assure that there are no corrupted app data files and that you're running the latest version.

Note that since Windows 11 is fairly new, some apps like Spotify might not yout be fully optimized for it.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there @Primeeey,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

To confirm, does it disappear if you manually adjust the window size?

Additionally, could you let us know your monitor's resolution?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

2560 x 1440p and yes I can manually adjust the window to make it appear
fullscreen with no thin gap

Hey @Primeeey,

Thanks for that info.

We've gone ahead and reported it to the right folks. However, since this may be related to a non-standard screen size or a driver issue, we can't promise that it'll be fixed.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the same problem with my Spotify and I don't think it can even fit the desktop window.

TheFlash200406_0-1634573507283.png

I wasn't aware of this thread so I posted a separate one here. I have the same issue on a screen with a regular full HD  1920*1080 resolution.

The app is a mess on Windows 11. The animations aren't working and the "pixel size gap" is something you just can't unsee if you notice it. Please fix the app guys. 

I too have this problem on Windows 11, my screen is a standard 1920x1080. It really is frustrating to look at

Same issue after upgrading to Windows 11.
Regular full HD 1920*1080 resolution.

@drkmen wrote:

Same issue after upgrading to Windows 11.
Regular full HD 1920*1080 resolution.

There we go CarlosE. 1920*1080 is standard, it should display fine at that resolution. 

I have the same issue on both my 1080p and 1440p monitors. It started when I upgraded to windoes 11.

Attached is the issue on both monitors with a white background, clearly showing the issue

Ben_Keeling98_0-1636494582729.png

image.png
image.png

Same issue, really annoying since it's been weeks now. Standard screen sizes (1920x1080).

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

When maximized there is a small gap between the bottom of the Spotify window and the top of the Windows 11 taskbar. (Not as obvious with a dark wallpaper background, but very obvious with a lighter wallpaper background.)

2021-11-27 13 44 32.jpg

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

Spotify does not maximize properly. That issue has existed on Windows 10 and still exists on Windows 11 many months later. I have to use a dark background just so it won't drive me crazy, could you guys PLEASE fix that damn issue? It's extremely annoying to me, I can't stand seeing that gap between the window and the taskbar.. The desktop app doesn't seem to get any love outside of background fixes, it's a shame.

Screenshot 2021-12-04 011647.png

It seems like the issue is not Windows 11 related. My friend had the same issue on Windows 10 when I was using the Windows 11 dev build.

Perhaps, but it's funny that the issue only started after I upgraded to Windows 11. It was perfectly fine beforehand.

Same exact issue here on 4k on Windows 11. Strangely, it doesn't appear when it's on my second monitor (1440p).

Suggested posts