Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

Desktop application crashes after playback is paused

Highlighted

Desktop application crashes after playback is paused

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Hi, I'm having a weird problem with the Spotify desktop application on my Windows 7 PC. When I open the app and start playing some music, it runs without any issues. Now if I stop the playback and want to resume after some time, it doesn't work (the app crashed and I need to close the it in the task manager since it will still run in the background for some reason).

I did a clean install already (multiple times) but the issue still persists.

I thought this might be a problem with the soundcard. But all the other applications run without any problem, so it's probably something else.

On my other devices (Android phone & Windows 10 PC) the app runs without any problems.

Do you have an idea what could be the problem?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Desktop application crashes after playback is paused

Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue on Win7 Pro x64. Haven't noticed any problems on Win10 Pro x64.

Basically, pausing for longer than a few minutes (i.e. to watch a Youtube video) causes Spotify to stop playing music. The app looks like it's responding and playing, but there's no sound. If you exit Spotify from File=>Exit, 3 crashed/unresponsive spotify.exe processes are left open. Spotify will refuse to launch ("already running") until these processes are killed. 

Highlighted

Re: Desktop application crashes after playback is paused

Casual Listener

+1 (Windows 7)

SUGGESTED POSTS