Desktop client becomes very slow after using Search filter within a huge playlist

Highlighted

Re: Desktop client becomes very slow after using Search filter within a huge playlist

Hey @Maekas,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

It sound like you might be experiencing this issue. It's a good idea to try the steps mentioned there. We'd suggest you also add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread. That way you can keep an eye out for updates and can check if there are changes in the performance of the app.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
Highlighted

Re: Desktop client becomes very slow after using Search filter within a huge playlist

Regular

I have been attempting that "workaround" of disabling local files several times but it makes absolutely no difference to how the in-playlist search behaves. Once again, the bug/regression being discussed here is for using CTRL+F searches inside large playlists, not the regular Search bar at the top (if it makes any difference?). The topic you linked to seems to relate to the general search bar.

Highlighted

Hey @randombastard,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

If the troubleshooting steps mentioned here don't change the performance of the app, we'd suggest you give these steps a go and check the hosts file. You can also toggle off the hardware acceleration. If that doesn't help, you can try with another account. Does the issue persist? 

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
Highlighted

Regular

Hi,

I checked the HOSTS file but there are no entries pertaining to Spotify (or anything, really). I also disabled the hardware acceleration, but it didn't do anything at all.

I have no other Spotify account to test this with.

Highlighted

Hey @randombastard,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

No worries. You can go ahead and click here to create a new account. Are there any changes? That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

VerModerator
Highlighted

Regular

As mentioned earlier, the in-list search on a mobile device (in my case, and iPhone Xs Max) is instantaneous and works perfectly, so I doubt it's an account-related issue.

I also tried logging into the SAME account on my work computer (a Windows 10 laptop) and the same in-filter problem occurs.

Highlighted

Hi @randombastard,

We really appreciate you sharing this here in the Community! We'll make sure to pass your comments along to our developers.

As @Alex had mentioned earlier in the thread, there can be a delay in response time with large playlists and there are many different aspects for why this might happen, one of them being the way a computer process the cache compared to other devices.

We're continuously improving the app and optimizing it, so this can be fixed in the future by an optimization update, but we won't be able to specifically focus on this or provide an exact date for a fix.

Hope you'll find this clarification useful. We’ll be right here if you still need help 🙂

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

I agree as this is a regression from prior versions.  I too have attempted to perform a clean install, removing all files, etc.  I can confirm each of these bullet points is accurate.  It doesn't make sense to have instant results on a mobile app, yes poor performance on a windows machine.  I hate to be the pessimist, but I almost feel this issue will be skipped over because it doesn't get enough "likes", which is truly a disservice to hardcore fans of music.  I'm uploading a video of the filtering which I had hit enter after typing "Chemical".  21 seconds to filter is rather ridiculous.

Highlighted

I also am experiencing this issue with the client for Windows 10. Adding tracks to big playlists now also takes far longer than it should be.
SUGGESTED POSTS