Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Did the home tab get removed on spotify?

Did the home tab get removed on spotify?

Plan

Premium

Country

NO

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Was the home tab that used to be on Spotify removed from the desktop version? I think there used to be a home tab just above the "browse" tab (see attached picture), but now I can't find it anymore. My spotify version is 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25

missing home tab.png
12 Replies

Hey @Arikabeth, help's here. 

What you're seeing may be described here. Just to be sure, reinstall the app and see if anything changes.

All the best! 🙂

After re-installing and having the same spotify version (1.1.0.237.g378f6f25) , the home tab reappeared.

I wish I knew what caused the bug so I could reproduce it so I could know how to avoid it...

The home tab is disappearing consistently again, only appearing a few rare times when I start up spotify. I do have a rather large amounts of playlists in my side bar; do you think that might influence why the home tab only rarely shows up?

Hey @Arikabeth.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Just to make sure that this isn't an issue which is specific to your account, would you mind trying to log in using another account on your desktop app and using it for a while to see if the issue reappears then?

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here in case you need any further help.

Hey

I made another account to check if the problem persists (not sure if there would be a difference between free and premium with regards to the bug). When testing with the free account I noticed that it will only display either the radio and the browse tab, or only the home tab and the browse tab.

I guess I can only attach one image per post, so I hope it's ok that I post 3 times to show the different variations that appear.

Attached here is variation 1: Missing radio tab.

spotify login var 1 cropped.png

Attached here is variation 2: Missing home tab.

spotify login var 2 cropped.png

Here's a screenshot of the third variation of the bug, where both the home and the radio tab is missing.

All the three last screenshots was taken while using spotify free version 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 on Windows 10.

spotify login var 3 cropped.png

Hey @Arikabeth,

Seems like there's something with the app and not the account. When reinstalling, did you choose the Windows store version to install? If not, or you're unsure, try reinstalling again and make sure to choose the Windows Store version of the app. 

Further, open Spotify and make the Spotify window smaller, and then adjust the size of the app (by dragging the borders) to see if the menu's change. 

Lastly, restart your router, and try a different internet connection to see if the same thing happens. 

Keep us posted 🙂

I never used the windows store version sorry. I didn't see that there was a separate section for "windows 10 installation" instead of "windows installation", where it was specified that I needed to get the windows store app instead of the desktop app (I thought there was no reason to get the windows store version over the desktop version and I almost never use the app store).

After re-installing with the app store version ( 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 ), the home tab keep disappearing.

I attempted to ajust the position of the left pane, but it didn't seem to affect if the home tab showed up or not.

Restarting the router didn't seem to have any effect either.

I do not have access to other networks currently (I can possibly test with other networks another day).

Note that the "radio" tab only disappeared when I was using the non-premium account, as shown in "variant 1" and "variant 3" of the bug.

Hey @Arikabeth,

Let's try a couple more things. 

Try the following and restart Spotify afterwards to see if it did the trick.

Try disabling hardware acceleration:

1. Click Edit in the menu bar. Select Preferences.
  2. Scroll down and uncheck Hardware acceleration.

Try to run Spotify in Compatibility Mode:

1. Click File > Exit.
  2. Right-click the Spotify icon on your desktop or start-menu.
  3. Select Properties. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode" in the Compatibility Mode tab.

Run Spotify as an administrator:

1. Click File > Exit.
  2. Right-click the Spotify icon on your desktop or start-menu.
  3. Select Run as an administrator.

Make sure your drivers are up-to-date, install any Windows Updates, and try once again.

Lastly, and if possible, borrow a friend's desktop, log in on the Spotify app with your account(s), and see if the same thing happens. 

Keep us posted 🙂

Hey

I tried disabling hardware acceleration, running in compatibility mode (windows 7 and windows 8), and running as administrator to no avail unfortunately. 

I have not got around to testing it on another computer or another network yet.

Current spotify version: 1.1.1.348.g9064793a

Hey @Arikabeth,

Testing on another device and network would help pinpoint the issue. Let us know once you've tried that and we'll see what we can do. 

All the best!

Suggested posts