Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] New Release Section for Followed Artists gone?

[Discover] New Release Section for Followed Artists gone?

Before there was a category in discover tab that showed new albums from artists you follow. Now it's been gone for quite a while? Did it move or is it a bug or what?

Windows Desktop client 

8 Replies

Hey @JustOneThing.

Thanks for posting this on the Community - we're here to help out 🙂

That's odd! Could you make sure you have your Spotify app updated to the latest version? As confirmation, could you send us the version number in your reply (click on the three-dots menu (the top-left corner) > Help > About Spotify)?

If an update doesn't work, would you mind sending us a screenshot showing us where the New releases for you section ought to be? 

Looking forward to hearing from you 🙂

Sorry for late reply

Version is 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d

I have attached a screenshot with red circle where new releases were usually listed. In discover tab right after top recommendations there was a list of new albums from artists I follow. Now it's just a "Because you listened to" section with no new albums in sight.

spot.PNG

Hey @JustOneThing.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you try scrolling down and seeing if it's not just a bit further down the list? It might have just been moved to another position. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Same problem here. And I also have the latest version installed.

I have tried that, yes. It only shows albums related to what I listened before. There is no new album section anywhere on that page.

Before it was that new album section would disappear for a bit (a day or less) once in a while but now it disappeared once and has never returned.

--

Edit

New releases from artists I follow does show up in web player but not desktop one

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

This sounds similar to this thread. We'd recommend heading there and checking the suggested steps offered and let us know how it goes.

We'll be keeping an eye on your replies there 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Yeah that seems like the same issue. I tried hosts edit (that made friends activity work) and reinstall but neither actually helped with my current issue. There is still no list with new albums.

Is the idea that something is blocking a specific domain spotify needs to show this list? If only we knew what domain is responsible for that functionality. 

Hey @JustOneThing.

Just to let you know that we are looking into this, and that we hope to get back to you soon with more information!

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Suggested posts