Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly didn't update

Solved!

Discover Weekly didn't update

This is the first time my Discover Weekly didn't update. What should I do? Can Spotify solve it for me?

Thanks,
Carol

110 Replies

Discover weekly and new metal tracks not updated for weeks.

Mine hasn't updated in 16 days

Hey there!

My Discovery weekly isn't updating on mobile. It has updated on my laptop, however, I have tried a number of things to refresh it on my iPhone with no luck.

Would you be able to help me? It seems likes a cache error but within the app and I don't know how to fix/clear that up.

Cheers,

Alexandra R

My Discover Weekly hasn't updated for 15 days. I've tried logging out, following/unfollowing. Are you able to help please

I may have found a temp workaround. My phone and Desktop app doesn't update every Monday as promised so I've been stuck with one Discover playlist for more than a week. 

I've found the new lists via the "Spotify Web Player" and since I'm running a stream to my sound system via the PS4 it's not all a hassle. It would be great if this is fixed soon as I'm finding some really nice tracks in my Discovery list. (Also would be nice to like/dislike songs such as the radio function, as there are some that really don't fit bits it's not a big issue)

Thanks for this feature good people at Spot!

Marked as solution

Had this same problem, found a workaround for the desktop app:

UNfollow Discover Weekly if you currently have it set to Follow.

Log out of Spotify.

Close Spotify.

Open Spotify.

Launch Discover Weekly.

Enjoy something new. (And do not set it to Follow or the entire hassle begins again.)

Unfollowing seems to fly in the face of some recommendations above, but it is the only way I've been able to get it to refresh. 

(And, if you happen to be frustrated by the inability to reset Discover Weekly - that is, to be able to get Discover Weekly out of the ruts that it so frequently gets into - please visit this Community page and register your frustration: 

Re: [All Platforms][Other] "Reset Taste Profile/History" Option

Same here

This has also happened to me. Please help.

Last update of my Discover "Weekly" - 2017-09-18. This has happened a number of times. Eventually it rights itself, but it seems like such a basic component of the feature that it's surprising that this is such a difficult issue to address. Thanks to those who posted workarounds, I'll give them a try.

it's been 1 year since my discover weekly stopped working on exactly 2017-10-02 and i have to say how utterly bummed and heartbroken i am about it, i used to look forward to coming home from school on mondays and listening to every single song recommended until i found one i liked. it's a really good feature! but it just stopped working. i made a second account and the discover weekly works fine but i really want my main account discover weekly to work again that would be amazing. i'll wait as long as i have to for a solution. i would love this feature working again.  i tried reseting, unfollowing, logging out logging in, i'm not in a private session however i do login with my facebook account. 

Hi, My discover weekly is not updating either!! pls help! :////

Suggested posts