[Discover weekly] - marking don't like song does not unqueue song

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi. I mainly use the discover weekly playlist to play songs. lately a lot of recommendations have been wrong for some reason. so I have to use the "I don't like this song" "I don't like this artist" to try to make next playlist better.

What I realized later is that the songs I marked that I don't like. still play. And I figured out that marking the song as "I don't like" is not removing the song from the queue. This behavior is highly annoying.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @biernico,

Thanks for the post.

Hiding songs from Discover Weekly will hide them for your current listening session. This means that they might appear again and be played if you open the playlist later or on another device, since Hiding songs is not synched across devices.

The best thing to do is to go to the Artist profile of the ones you don't like > Click the 3-dot menu > Click Don't play this. This will block the Artist on all platforms and you'll get less recommendations from them.

To improve the recommended songs you get in Discover Weekly/ Release Radar we suggest listening to music you like via playlists/ albums from the Search option directly. As listening to them from playlists like Discover Weekly/ Daily Mix only won't influence the algorithm.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @biernico,

Thanks for the post.

Hiding songs from Discover Weekly will hide them for your current listening session. This means that they might appear again and be played if you open the playlist later or on another device, since Hiding songs is not synched across devices.

The best thing to do is to go to the Artist profile of the ones you don't like > Click the 3-dot menu > Click Don't play this. This will block the Artist on all platforms and you'll get less recommendations from them.

To improve the recommended songs you get in Discover Weekly/ Release Radar we suggest listening to music you like via playlists/ albums from the Search option directly. As listening to them from playlists like Discover Weekly/ Daily Mix only won't influence the algorithm.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the answer. I don't find that "Don't play this" option you're talking about on the artist profile page.

Hi there @biernico,

Thank you for your reply.

This is not an available feature on the desktop app. Can you check if you can see it on your mobile?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

hmmm. yes I can see it on mobile... interesting. I mainly use the desktop app (99% of the time) tho. but it is nice to know. thanks

Suggested posts