Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discovering New Music useless - no DISLIKE button!!??

Solved!

Discovering New Music useless - no DISLIKE button!!??

For me, the whole point of listening to a Spotify "New Music..." playlist created by Spotify is that you can hear stuff you did not specifically choose, and can see if you like something new.

Spotify have removed the ability to do this because there is no DISLIKE button which should immediately skip to the next track while telling Spotify that you do not like this artist/type of music.

The New Music Friday UK list has about 90% pop rubbish I do not like... so how do I let spotify know that I would like other "NEW MUSIC" curated for me?

We need the dislike button in EVERY part of Spotify, especially Spotify's playlists as that is where you will be hearing music that you did not choose specifically.

Mark.

spotify newmusic no dislike button.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate all the feedback you've provided us here.

Going forward, we would like to refer you to the Idea Exchange, as it is the best way of providing your feedback on any features you'd like to see implemented.

There is an existing idea which suggests a change similar to the one many of you have requested here - feel free to add your vote to it here.

If you'd like to suggest something different, however, you can always submit a new idea for it.

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Its really ridiculous this is for my playlists as well. Whats the point of having a radio if its gonna play a song multiple times in it that I hate?

It's a stress this missing button ! I have test to remove the song from the playlist, but it come back... So, i use the button "inapropriate content" as long as i hear thé song i dislike, because for me a song i dislike is inapropriate !

I Want the come back of the dislike button ! 

The button seems removed indeed. Now I understand why Spotify is getting less poplair every month.

Removing features and not listening to users (the blocking artists/songs feature had many votes and was ignored).

So, going to investigate whether there is an alternative with the possibility to block genres like x-mas, individual songs and artists. I've had it with Spotify for now.

Hmmm. I still have this "ban" button in my desktop client. Spotify version 1.1.12.449.g4109e645

On "RADIO" ? If so, please send a video screen grab so I can see how you get to that place. I have the same desktop version you have, no ban sign with any of the things in the RADIO section. No ban sign the BROWSE section either, for example, go to Browse> Summer > Summer Indie and play that. There is no ban sign on these... and these are the places where one is most likely to want to choose whether you like a track or not, because it is here you are listening to new tracks that are not already ones you have chosen for your own playlist! In Browse there is no ban sign in any of the New Releases! This is absurd, if it is a new release, SURELY you should be able to say whether you like it here or not? Again under HOME. Go to "Something for everyone..." this is also a place where you will be hearing a playlist made by Spotify, not stuff you have chosen, so again, it is a place where you should be able to say you do not like something or do like it. But no ban sign there either. 
if you do have ban signs in any of these places, please send me video screen grabs. I am pretty sure you do not.

Oh yes, you are right. I checked out the Radio and Browse tabs. There is no ban button, unfortunately it just disappeared. I still can see it in playlists made for me personally, which I follow, like Discover Weekly or Release Radar, I can reach them right from Home screen. BUT!  there is a playlist also made for me called Summer Rewind in this row where no dislike button!

Also having this issue as of today (specifically on a PC and Android). After wasting 15+ emails dealing with customer support on a different (never resolved) issue recently, I hesitate to contact them about this, especially since it sounds like lots of folks are having this problem.

Is this supposed to be a feature somehow vs. a bug? I thought the point of Release Radar/Discovery Weekly was to teach the algorithm what you like and what you don't. Not really possible to do that if we can't give input.

precisely!

Come on Spotify, wake up please!

FWIW, as of today, the Dislike button has returned to my Discover Weekly but not the Release Radar.

Not sure if it's a definite fix, but I did stop following Discovery Weekly, wait for it to repopulate, and then follow again. Maybe worth trying?

Discover Weekly seems to have the block option, but it's disappeared from Daily Mixes which makes them virtually useless because almost all of them feature **bleep** I definitely don't want to hear..

Hi yes I see for Discover Weekly, the dislike button has been added and also next to the tracks - 

BUT

not for Radio

not for Browse - Moods

not for Browse - New Releases

not for Browse - Discover

COME ON SPOTIFY!!!

It's getting worse every day. Removing as much as possible features seems the new developer's target.

The good news though is that alternatives are getting better. So Spotify is not the only music provider anymore.

not for Daily Mixes either
My daily mixes are missing the mark and including a lot of songs that just aren't like the others.
Everybody go here to vote to bring the like/dislike buttons back:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Web-Player-Discover-Return-dislike-button-to-tailor-Radi...

I want to echo on this too.

almost half of my New Music Friday playlist is nowadays being occupied by rap/hip-hop tracks where "cool" guys of colour mumble about their sexual intercourse with big-bottom female dogs (quoting actual lyrics of these "songs" would likely get me a ban here). All just because there are a few hip-hop/similar artists and/or songs that I like. This is really getting on my nerves. I want to tell Spotify I don't like these tracks, but there is no way to do that.

Also, since I'm usually listening to Spotify while working and since quite often these tracks have really long intros, I often fail to skip to the next track in time (or even at all), which means that this play history ends up affecting other playlists generated for me personally, such as Discover Weekly.

Dear Spotify, please bring the dislike button to all autogenerated playlists/radios, not just some selected ones!

Desktop app doesn't even have the dislike button nor artist blocking. I'm usually listening music while working, through the desktop app. And lately I'm getting a lot of... something I can't even call music at all. I'm getting this... "music"... in my Daily Mix, among good songs. I don't exactly consider kids screaming in a cheap microphone over stolen low quality music being called "artists" (and yes, that is EXACTLY what I'm getting in Daily Mix), why am I getting this in Daily Mix? Why is it even on Spotify in the first place? And why I can't block it and forced to listen to this again and again since Spotify consider "this" relevant? I can skip it - but I'm getting more and more of this lately. I can remove it from queue - but I'm forced to do this EVERY TIME I'm playing another mix. I can block it from my smartphone - but for some reason it doesn't work on Desktop app, Spotify doesn't care that I blocked these "artists". Why am I even paying for Premium at this point?
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate all the feedback you've provided us here.

Going forward, we would like to refer you to the Idea Exchange, as it is the best way of providing your feedback on any features you'd like to see implemented.

There is an existing idea which suggests a change similar to the one many of you have requested here - feel free to add your vote to it here.

If you'd like to suggest something different, however, you can always submit a new idea for it.

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks! 

Suggested posts