Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dislike songs in Daily Drive?

Dislike songs in Daily Drive?

Hi, does anyone know if there will ever be an option to "dislike" songs on Daily Drive and block them from playing again, as you can on Daily Mix? I can't be skipping about whilst I'm trying to get to work, but I absolutely don't want to listen to Hole or Marilyn Manson! Which, by the way, I have "disliked" on my Daily Mix before and requested they not be played, so why do they turn up in my Daily Drive anyway? 

As it stands I have to check every trip to and from work to remove the (really quite weak!) suggestions from the now playing queue and just listen to artists I actively like, but that won't stop HIM or Deathstars from popping up yet again, and it kinda ruins the fun when you have to check the whole playlist before even listening!

6 Replies

Hi, if you dislike a "song", just that song won't be in your Daily Drive. You can see same artist's different songs in your Daily Drive. You have to dislike "artist". It'll fix the problem.

Hi, maybe I wasn't clear. That option does not exist as it does with Daily Mix. That's my whole issue. There is only a "like" option, no remove, no dislike, no "don't play this song/artist" again.

Seems a bit of Spotify foolish to encourage people to skip about whilst they're driving! I mean I have a bunch of Daily Mixes, a Discover Weekly, and a Release Radar for new things, let me drive to the familiar! 

I also have this problem.

A friend wanted to listen to some artists (which i hate) and now said artists pollute my daily drive playlist (which I was enjoying up until now).  There is no way to delete or dislike these songs/artists.  

Basically my Daily Drive list is ruined.

Please advise.

Hey there @xinik and @IHS15,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

The option to dislike songs on Your Daily Drive similarly to how you do on Daily Mixes is something other Spotify users have mentioned they'd like to see as well.

In this case, we'd recommend heading over to this idea here and adding your +VOTE and feedback in a comment to contribute to the discussion.

You can read more about how ideas get implemented or your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

the fact that i can't tell "Your Daily Drive" playlist what to exclude boggles my mind.

I've tried to coax it along with always skipping certain content or artist to no avail. For example, i totally like the NPR segments, but "The Daily" from the New York Times... that's just PAINFUL to listen to. Same with this new segment called "Snacks" The two total good **bleep** trying to crush in 2 news stories that are INSANELY painful to listen to.  Why can't i pick and choose wich podcast content to include?    For the love of the service, PLEASE include the ability to remove certain content!

Is there a way to do this yet? 

Suggested posts