Disliked songs don't sync from desktop to mobile

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone SE 1st Gen / Windows PC

Operating System

iOS 13.4.1 / Windows 10 Home latest version

My Question or Issue

When I dislike a song or artist from my Release Radar or Weekly Mix-Playlist it does not get grayed out on mobile. BUT vice versa it is working. I can dislike a song on mobile and it will sync to desktop, just not the other way around.

5 Replies

Hey there @Deister

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall depending on the affected device. Make sure you perform it on both your PC and iPhone. Then try the dislike option to check if you observe the same.   

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

I did a clean re-install on both mobile and desktop and it first it worked fine afterwards.

One day later there are no disliked songs on my weekly mix on mobile anymore whereas there should be 6 disliked songs which still are disliked on desktop. It doesn't sync now either.

But I noticed that I can not press and play these songs on mobile so it seems like an UI error. They are not greyed out and marked as disliked but I can't play them. They also don't get shuffled into the playlist on shuffle.

Hey @Deister

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another mobile device just to check if you observe the same. Hope you have the possibility to try this one.  

If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I do not have the option to use another device but both iOS and the Spotify app are up to date. 

Same issue here, this is software related on your end and has nothing to do with clean installs / cache, etc... please escalated to have fixed.

Thank you.

Suggested posts