Premium

Country

US

Device

Iphone/ Desktop

Operating System

Windows, iOS

My Question or Issue

I have noticed that when using the AI DJ feature activity is not shared to Discord. It updates as normal when selecting a song to play i.e. outside the AI DJ feature.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @magicfroggi

Thanks for letting us know.

We've forwarded this info to the relevant team here at Spotify, however, we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I'm not sure when but as of 08/11/2023, I can verify it is working 🙂 Thank you Spotify Team!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @magicfroggi,

Thanks for reaching out.

As a first step, can you please try clean reinstalling the app and check if the currently playing track is being shown on other devices you're logged in on?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Yep, tried to clean reinstall. The track does show up on other devices, even while using the AI DJ feature.

Activity is shared to discord while choosing a song to play normally, but as soon as I use the AI DJ, it stops and cuts off. 

Marked as solution

Hey @magicfroggi

Thanks for letting us know.

We've forwarded this info to the relevant team here at Spotify, however, we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Also having this issue, if you use AI DJ the activity doesn't populate in Discord as if you were not listening to anything but if you manually select tracks it will show. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Home

My Question or Issue

Normally songs I am playing show as "now playing" in my discord status. When using the new DJ playlist feature, my songs playing do not show. Would be a nice fix as I like to talk about music with pals and share what I am listening to.  Podcasts playing do not show (and never had), so I suspect this is related to the issue with not displaying podcasts as well?

I also have this issue in the current version of Desktop Windows Spotify. Only occurring while using the ai DJ, whereas when normally selecting a song or playlist it will display in the Discord status as normal.

Hey @thewhalewithtwonames,

Thanks for posting in The Community.

We're constantly striving to improve the user experience with our platform. This means that sometimes there are bits to polish or add all the times, but we still hope to see them implemented some day.

Hope you understand,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Still effected by the latest version of the Desktop app on Windows.

Also not sending song data to last.fm if listened via the AI DJ

In the UK.

Still having the same problem with AI DJ and Discord. I use Desktop Spotify AND Desktop Discord so not a phone/computer issue.

Same issue 6/18/23

The problem is still there. I guess is related to privacy? 6/29/23

Same issue 6/30/2023

Same issue. Please fix.

Marked as solution

I'm not sure when but as of 08/11/2023, I can verify it is working 🙂 Thank you Spotify Team!

Suggested posts