Don't have the option to download albums on desktop

Highlighted

Don't have the option to download albums on desktop

Casual Listener

I have Premium and can download albums using my iPhone but I dont see the download option on desktop. My only option is to SAVE. I updated my version to the most recent, Reinstalled it and it still isn't giving me a download option. 

Plan

$9.99 Premium

Country

United States

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have Premium and can download albums using my iPhone but I dont see the download option on desktop. My only option is to SAVE. I updated my version to the most recent, Reinstalled it and it still isn't giving me a download option. 

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Don't have the option to download albums on desktop

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @Terrapin90

Unfortunately it's not possible to download albums on desktop client. You can save them to your library and download saved songs (where the album will appear).

I suggest checking out this idea. 🙂

Have a nice day!

SebastyRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Ok thanks I’ll look into that! I guess I’ve never really tried downloading the albums in Spotify on my laptop, just always streamed from there and downloaded to Spotify on mobile.
Highlighted

Visitor
It's a bummer. It's over a year and still no implementation. Since Spotify is a multi-platform app, the experience/features should be consistent across platforms unless there's something technical that hinders them from doing so.
SUGGESTED POSTS