Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Don't want Turkish Music on my Browse tab

Don't want Turkish Music on my Browse tab

For a few weeks there are only Turkish Playlists,Turkish New Artsist etc. in my browse, overview, charts, new releases.  I'm from Turkey but I don't want  them entirely, I think its made because of my location but how could I disable Turkish stuff and return my old/good suggestions? you could find the SC at the attachment

asddsa.png
8 Replies

Hey @yalki,

Is your account's country setting set to Turkey?

https://spotify.com/account

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

yes Maxim, my country is set to Turkey but I couldn't change it because of my payment method. By the way I could live in Turkey but maybe I don't want Turkish music in my feed. So I think Spotify should find a method to use its alghoritm 🙂

Well, if you only have a turkish payment method and only live in Turkey then you won't be able to change that because the Browse tab looks at the country setting and then displays the relevant stuff for that region.
MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is ridiculous. I don't want turkish music on my browse tab either. What is this?? I cant even block playlists/artists so i dont see them anymore. Spotify gives me no choice but to look for alternatives

I agree with Yalki. I dont want to see any Turkish song in my spotify especially in weekly suggestion lists. yes my payment method Turkish but Spotify should give me a chance to select my country or to block special kind of music. when I was struggling an another job I was tired to skip Turkish songs in my suggestion lists

I agree with Type2 and HelmT. It would be nice to have a choice...

Hey folks,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

It's true that a part of the music recommendations that our algorithms make is based on the country setting in your account. It must match your payment method if you're on Premium or your actual location if you have a free account. 

You can however use the Hide option on mobile devices for songs from playlists in the Made For You section of your library. This in combination with liking content and following artist allows the recommendations to improve over time and suggest to you music more suited to your taste. You can learn more about how to manage your library here

It seem that also other users mentioned that they'd like the option to customize the Start Screen and posted this idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what improvements our users would like to see and how many people support a specific idea. You can learn more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hi there, I have similar problem though I checked my profile settings and it is correct - Belarus. Are there any other solutions to remove turkish recommendations for me?

I am hiding artists like by 10+ every week, but other appear over and over again. Is that normal?

Suggested posts