Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download spotify songs on Windows PC via garmin express to may garmin 6xPro

Download spotify songs on Windows PC via garmin express to may garmin 6xPro

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify plays beautifully on my PC and have downloaded my favourite music to my PC. I have found the special music directory for my downloaded music in my PC .....\local\spotify\storage.  But am unable to down load these "special" files to my garmin 6X pro smartwatch despite hours of internet searches  & contact with Garminhelps desk. Help would be much appreciated

3 Replies

Hi there @oldageadventure,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

What do you mean exactly by downloading these special files.

Are you referring to the files the app saves as part of its documents and installation files ?

Waiting on your update 🙂

The files are not denotes with the typical music files nomencature( I understand this is to prevent illegal copying.

I can see a whole list of the files I downloaded via the spotify app as "local files" in my user/../local app/storage/spotify folder on my C drive in my windows PC. But these do not show in the music files lists in my garmin express app when I connect my garmin 6xpro via usb cable to my PC.

I have been able to load other downloaded MP3 music files onto the watch via iTunes but but not the spotify music files. I saw in a garmin express help file the suggestion that wrong folder being used???

Thanks for trying to help

Hey @oldageadventure,

If you're still having difficulties syncing your music to your Garmin smartwatch, I'd suggest checking out this support article which features a step by step instruction.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you've any other questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts