Premium

Country

United States

Device

Dell Inspirion 15 5000 Series Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am trying to find the music I downloaded, I just signed up for the free 30-day trial of Spotify Premium and Hulu and I proceeded to download a playlist. I downloaded a particular playlist and I went to my Settings to see where it would be stored, then I physically went to the location on my computer (checking 'hidden items' in the File Explorer View menu). I just see a bunch of folders with titled with letters and numbers, some are empty and others have files that cannot be opened by a program. I have Windows Media Player set as my default music app, none of the music files from Spotify or the folder that would contain or be the playlist on Spotify appears anywhere. I even changed the Offline Songs Storage to the Music folder, those folders disappeared from the default location to the Music folder in File Explorer but the downloaded playlist (songs) still did not show, just a bunch of empty folders with again those little items that cannot be opened. Spotify needs to be restarted to reflect the change and I did that but that doesn't solve it, I switched back to the default Offline Songs Storage location and the folders disappeared from the Music folder back to the default folder "C:\Users\[Name]\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpnekdrzrea0\LocalState\Spotify" Songs/Playlist still doesn't show, where are they and where can I find them and why doesn't it show?

1 Reply

Hey there @TGHawkJr,

thanks for posting in the community !

Please check out this help page on downloaded content as it contains all info needed.

Hope this helps 😃

Suggested posts