Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded local files which are not on spotify do not play on other devices

Solved!

Downloaded local files which are not on spotify do not play on other devices

I followed the instructions for making local files (which are NOT available on Spotify) available on mobile devices (article) as provided by Moderator Mario which worked fine.

Now the files are downloaded to both desktop and iphone xr. 

I can play these songs on the iphone but when trying to select a different device (Sonos Speaker) it is greyed out with text "Can't play this right now"

Songs which are available on Spotify don't have this problem.

iphone does however allow the song to be played via Airplay.

Plan Premium

Country New Zealand

Device iPhone

Operating System iOS, Windows 10

IMG_9594.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @MitchellKivits

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We can confirm that the Connect feature doesn't work with local files. Since this feature streams directly from Spotify's server, and the local files are stored on your device, it's not possible for the app to play them. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @MitchellKivits

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We can confirm that the Connect feature doesn't work with local files. Since this feature streams directly from Spotify's server, and the local files are stored on your device, it's not possible for the app to play them. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts