Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading new version fails

Downloading new version fails

Plan:Premium

Device: Desktop

Operating System: Windows 10

My Question or Issue:

While using my Spotify ver. 1.0.55.487 I was advised that a new ver. 1.0.80.474 was ready for download. After a little while I was told that Spotify now was updated to ver. 1.0.80.474 PLEASE RESTART TO INSTALL.

After pressing "restart" the supposedly new version appeared, but when checking it was still the same old version. I have tried this several times, but no luck! Am I the only one? Can anyone help?

Please!

10 Replies

Hey @ikhm

Have you tried completely uninstalling and downloading the client again from here or are you using the windows app store version?

Hope this helps!

Andy

Out of curiosity, what country your in? I usually don't have to do this. Spotify automatically downloads the latest update, and there's a green dote by my profile name that tells me that the update is ready. I just click on the green dot to restart and I'm done.

Are you downloading spotify from spotify.com, or somewhere else?

Might be an issue with how you put Spotify in your computer? Mine's automatically updates.

No, I have not tried to delete my spotify and downloading again, as I am worried to lose all my playlists and my premium status! I started out as a non-paying user, and later became premium user, but I can´t remember where the download came from. Is this important?

I honestly can´t remember where I got the download from. Is there a way to find out?

These days, it's not smart to just download stuff and not know where
they come from. If I were you, I'd completely uninstall that Spotify,
and then go to Spotify.com and download their official package. You will
no longer have issues with updates.

You will not lose your playlists. They're all saved on Spotify's server... You need to completely uninstall and then go to Spotify.com NO WHERE ELSE!!

Sounds like you downloaded a botched Spotify?

Thank you all for your replies. Will try a complete uninstall followed by a new reinstallation from spotify.com. Is it not true that offline playlists will be lost and will have to be redownloaded after reinstalling?
rgds
ikhm

As I've explained earlier, your playlists are saved in your account
profile. So your playlist does not get deleted unless you've deleted
them. If however, (for example) your last installation was not a genuine
Spotify install, and your playlist were removed (in theory), just go to
your web account and restore removed playlists. If you're that worried
about your playlists, something tells me that you've tried to download a
hacked version of Spotify; and if my assumptions are right, Spotify will
not support whatever issues you've gained because if it.

Suggested posts