Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dropout at start of each new song

Dropout at start of each new song

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows7

My Question or Issue

Every time a new song starts playing, I have up to 10 seconds of dropouts, before the rest of the song plays well. When next song starts, it's the same all over again. Playing music from other source on the same PC does not give the same problem. I use USB to DAC, by the way.

- Settings are checked, I use Premium, high quality streaming enabled. Disabling it makes the problem increase significantly (larger dropouts). 

- This seems to have started with the latest update from Spotify, but I'm not 100% certain about that. What I do know, however, is that the problem started quite recently.

- I have reinstalled Spotify, no help

I also use Spotify on other devices without any issues

Any ideas?

5 Replies

Hi there,

Does the problem also occur when you listen through Spotify Web?

Grts,

^R

When playing directly from the web-based player, I do have a very few drop-outs, but on random points in the music, so we can clearly state that the problem I have is connected to the PC-based solution

Best regards

Purplexedagain

Hi there,

It seems to me there may be an issue with your Soundcard. Have you tried installing the latest drivers, or even temporarily switching to the onboard soundcard to see if that helps?

The only other thing you could try is clearing the Spotify cache, however seeing you also have some dropouts using the web player on that same computer, sounds more like an issues with the soundcard.

Grts,

^R

Tried headphones directly into the PC, that worked fine with Spotify, no drop-out.

Playing a CD works perfect, too, either through headphones or the separate DAC. 

Tried another PC (Win10) on the same stand-alone DAC, that worked fine, as well, no problem with drop-out.

There must be something connected to Spotify and the first PC, as the problem occurs only at the start of each new song, and that the problem increases significantly when disabling high quality streaming. 

Until further I'll use a different PC, but it would be fine to find what actualle causes the problem.

Purplexedagain

Hi there,

I actually came across a post with a somehwat similar issue.

Can you go into your settings on Spotify and disable "Hardware Acceleration". This seems to have some adverse affects with some hardware. Hoping this will somewhat eleviate your issue.

Grts,

^R

Suggested posts