Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dual Monitors Different Resolution Issue

Dual Monitors Different Resolution Issue

Starting spotify on my second monitor running at 1920x1080p and then dragging it to the larger 2560x1440p monitor creates a weird fullscreen issue.  I've tried changing all of the compatability settings under spotify to no avail.

Here's an printscreen of the issue with the 1440p on the right.

http://imgur.com/gallery/h3mMw

7 Replies

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution for this problem?

Not found a fix as such, but a workaround that has sorted this for me is to make sure I open Spotify on the higher res monitor first. I can then move between the two as needed without it causing any display issues. 

Seems (for me at least), the issue only appears if I open Spotify on my lower res monitor and then move to the larger one. If I open on the larger one to begin with, no issues at all.

Yeah, I have the same problem, the workaround is a temporary solution but I hope they fix this quickly, it's quite annoying to have to close and open Spotify if I had it open on the smaller screen the last time my computer was on.

Same issue here.

In my case with the following 2 resolutions: integrated laptop scree @1366x768 and an external monitor 17" (old type, squared) at 1280x1024.

As someone else already commented, it also works to open Spotify first on the bigger resolution one and then change it, but still annoying.

The issue is ONLY regarding the VERTICAL resolution (768 vs 1024), and not the horizontal one, which is an important comment to make.

Hope they solve it soon.

spotify max screenshot.jpg

Also experienced the same or related bug.  Dragging from a lower resolution (1280x1024) monitor over to a higher resolution monitor (2560x1600) and maximizing results in the app visible in the higher resolution monitor (but you can't interact with it) and a subset of the application painted on the smaller resolution monitor.

spotify_bug.png

Hi everyone! Sorry i'm late.
I had this exact issue, and went through the infamously useless Windows Troubleshooter. On Win10, Right click the spotify icon, click Troubleshoot Compatibility > The program opens but doesnt display correctly > Program does not display properly when large scale font is selected. Then follow the steps, clicking Test the Program, then next. Unexplainable, a windows troubleshooter actually helped me with an issue! Hope it helps you guys too if you're still having problems, i'm running a 2560x1440 display with a secondary 1080p display.

This solves my problem

Suggested posts