Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Entire listening history gets added to a playlist for seemingly no reason

Entire listening history gets added to a playlist for seemingly no reason

Plan

Premium, it happened when I was free too.

Country

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

This has happened twice now, I will listen to whichever music because I'm doing something on the side and have it playing in the background - then I check one of my playlists the next day to find I have 13 hours worth of songs added to it, all the ones I listened to last. This gets more annoying when the playlist is ordered in a particular way, and some of the music you listened to overlaps with the ones in the playlist, then you have to reorganize the whole thing.

If it helps, it only seems to happen on the one public playlist I have, all of my private ones never get this issue.

1 Reply

Hey there @MiraMickey!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can start off by logging in on your account page and going to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side. There you can check if there are any third party apps listed that you don't recognize and make sure to "Remove Access" for those.

If that doesn't do it for you, could you try a clean reinstall of the app and just make sure you download it again from the Microsoft store?

You can also let us know if you experience this when listening on other devices and if the recently played music gets added to one and the same playlist every time.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be here if you have any more questions!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts